Direct Sales Manager
On the Liferay Sales team, we approach the concept of sales differently than many companies. We don't do the whole schmaltzy sales thing. We believe that general enthusiasm for and knowledge of Liferay (coupled with a solid dose of business-savvy) makes for a compelling sales person.
In this role, you will be responsible to execute our strategy for growing and expanding the strategic Liferay customer base. You will be responsible for handling Enterprise level opportunities and working with C-level members of organizations who need to increase their company's productivity through Liferay's unique, enterprise-class portal, content management and collaboration platform. You will build a territory plan to generate, develop, and close sales opportunities.
You understand that, many times, the sales representative is the first interaction customers will have with Liferay, and you know that consultative sales vs. high-pressure sales will help you to meet and exceed your quarterly/annual revenue quota requirements.
You love to travel to get in front of prospective customers and are comfortable meeting with everyone from engineers to executives. You also value virtual meetings and are able to easily adapt your messaging to the nuances of WebEx, Join.me and GoToMeeting.
You are a quick learner and know how to demonstrate a complex software application (with the occasional help of a Sales Engineer). You understand content management systems, document management systems, portals and social collaboration. You also know how to read your audience and can speak to business value vs. technical value, or vice-versa, as required.
You understand the inherent value of open source software and can speak directly to the benefits over closed source solutions.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be:
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Extensive experience in building and maintaining relationships with federal System Integrators.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve monthly and quarterly sales quotas.
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately
- Increase revenue and retention rates
- Perform contract renewal activities focused on the clients' needs
- Build excellent client relationships offering value-added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- Develop and grow a pipeline of business utilizing existing relationships.
The applicant should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of proven consultative experience, preferably selling technology products or services to large international companies, though Liferay project management and development experience is also highly-valued.
- Strong business, sales and financial acumen.
- The ability to be a quick learner and creative deal-maker.
- Experience demonstrating software using online tools such as GoToMeeting or WebEx.
- Existing relationships with C-level leaders, sales engineering, management, marketing, and support contacts with potential clients to close business.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an unstructured, results-driven environment.
- The ability to develop new leads and follow-up on leads from inception to close.
- Strong presence and knowledge of social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Significant experience in presenting in-person to customers.
- The ability to travel as required.
- The ability to articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both Liferay, our partners and our solutions.