Presales Engineer – Benelux
Liferay is the provider of leading enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products. With offices in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, Liferay offers professional services, technical support, custom development and professional training for many Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Liferay is looking for a solutions-oriented (Pre-) Sales Engineer to join its team in the Benelux. The (Pre-) Sales Engineer Manager will support Liferay sales and account managers and business partners to expand Liferay's customer base.
- Serve as technical resource of the sales reps and alliances team during sales calls and demos (online or on-site)
- Create and conduct demonstrations to both a business audience and technical audience
- Provide any assistance to help potential clients overcome technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles
- Provide any assistance to help business partners to overcome technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles
- Give technical and development advice to the sales team and to potential clients including product configuration and general guidance
- Serve as a Liferay product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and outbound
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions, under tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Create, engineer, and maintain solution-based demo environments and bundles using existing collateral and new materials that you create
- Assist in the development of proof of concepts starter kits
- Participate in official Liferay social media (blog, wiki, message boards, Twitter, Facebook) to disseminate information, product knowledge, and expertise
- Create specialized technical/development projects that improve sales collateral, sales team processes, or the Liferay community at large
- Assist with technical whitepapers
- Participate in road shows, conferences, user groups and other forms of Liferay evangelism
- Expected travel up to 40%
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimal Bachelor's degree and experience in computer science, software engineering, and/or systems engineering
- Experience in technical pre-sales in internet web site development, portal, web content management and/or social collaboration industry in general
- Experience with Liferay Portal, MySQL, JBOSS, Tomcat, Glassfish, Websphere, Weblogic etc.
- Exposure to Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Exposure to front-end technologies such as CSS, HTML5, YUI (and/or Alloy UI), jQuery
- Web development experience - proficient in Java and Java EE
- Demonstrated exceptional engineering, consulting, and / or software sales skills from previous employment
- Salary package according to qualification and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- Ability to work in an international context
- A positive and pleasant work environment
- An opportunity to be part of a small local team
- Working at a successful company with strong growth
Liferay is a well recognized commercial provider of open source software for portals, content management and collaboration. It has been recognized as a leader by analyst firm Gartner and is well regarded by many established companies throughout the world, including Allianz, Barclay's, Lufthansa Flight Training, Volkswagen Group of America, and Wolters Kluwer. The company is growing at a fast pace to keep up with strong market demand for innovative solutions for personal and social web experiences and enterprise applications.
Liferay has many opportunities for individuals looking for a dynamic environment and accelerated career growth. Talented individuals will find it possible to increase their responsibilities and gain valuable business experience in a short amount of time with the company. With over 300 employees in offices across Europe, the Americas, and Asia Pacific, Liferay offers a chance to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds.
Liferay also believes in making a bigger impact in the world through business and we dedicate part of our time and profits toward non-profit organizations and social initiatives.