Alliance Manager - France
Liferay is looking for an Alliance Manager to represent Liferay to its partners and customers in France and other French-speaking markets. France is one of Liferay's most successful markets, with notable customers including DGA, Barclay's France, and PMU. The Alliance Manager will work with Liferay's French partners to sell Liferay software and help deliver successful business solutions to customers.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- 6-8 years of experience in the enterprise software industry in France
- Experience working with channel partners to sell enterprise software
- Experience managing a sales-related team, including pre-sales engineers and sales representatives
- Quality relationships with decision makers at leading French companies
- Strong customer relationship and presentation skills
- Technical knowledge, especially with portals, collaboration, and content management software. High-level knowledge of issues around authentication, high availability, authorization, usability, and general portal-related technologies
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in social and collaboration software
- Ability to understand and speak to business needs of customers (customer acquisition and retention, manufacturing processes and optimization, key performance indicators, knowledge sharing and expertise location, accelerated time to market)
- Knowledge of the sales and delivery cycle of consulting projects
- Comfortable in international environments working across many cultures, but also well versed in the particularities of the French business environment
- Fluent in French, strong command of English
- Experience with commercial open source software (Red Hat, MySQL, JBoss) is a plus
The Alliance Manager for France will work independently, with occasional 1-2 week trips to Liferay's EU headquarters based near Frankfurt, Germany.
Liferay is a well recognized commercial provider of open source software for portals, content management and collaboration. It has been recognized as a leader by analyst firm Gartner and is well regarded by many established companies throughout the world, including Allianz, Barclay's, Lufthansa Flight Training, Volkswagen Group of America, and Wolters Kluwer. The company is growing at a fast pace to keep up with strong market demand for innovative solutions for personal and social web experiences and enterprise applications.