Software Engineer - Consultant Position - Los Angeles
What if there were a hybrid job that pushed you to learn cutting-edge technologies, gave you opportunities to provide innovative solutions to clients like Cisco, Sesame Street, AutoZone, and Volkswagen, pushed you to fix the most complex technical problems, and equipped you to train the growing population of Liferay users? Well, enter stage left a new position we just opened. Our new Consultant position is a cross between consulting, technical support, and training. We're looking for people who love open source, enjoy wearing multiple hats, and want to grow with a company that's bursting at the seams. If interested, shoot your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, and implementation of Liferay's Java-based technologies
- Amaze clients by planning, designing, building, and delivering innovative solutions out of the box or through customizations
- Maintain the confidence of both customers and colleagues in Liferay products and technologies
- Deliver projects quickly, cost-effectively, and with the highest quality
- Communicate. Efficiently.
- Conduct engaging Liferay trainings for key customers
- Fix product defects to ensure successful deployment of client projects
- Travel 50-75% of the time to customer sites to provide face-to-face technical solutions or trainings
Note: As in any fast-paced, agile environment, the list above is just some of the challenging opportunities you will tackle. You'll excel if you are able to enthusiastically overcome hurdles, quickly adjust to changing priorities, and have a blast working with a crazy fun team.
- Love for cutting-edge technology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge required
- Experience in writing enterprise strength Java / J2EE code
- Advanced understanding and experience in Java and OO design
- Enjoy teaching people complex topics
- Expert knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS AS, or Tomcat
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, Servlets/JSP, Spring and Hibernate, application performance and performance tuning
- Prior experience with Liferay or other portal solutions a plus
- Demonstrates expert analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong escalation handling skills; able to facilitate discussion to peacefully resolve conflict
- Familiarity with agile software development lifecycle
- Works well with distributed team
- Flexible (like Gumby)
Liferay is the provider of leading enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products. With offices in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, Liferay offers professional services, technical support, custom development and professional training for many Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Salary is based on previous experience.