Software Engineer - Information Services
Have a love for portals? What about portlets? We're looking for someone that loves innovative design and development. Someone that can implement powerful applications for our internal users across the Liferay organization in the U.S. and other international offices. The candidate must possess creativity, unique ability to learn and apply new technologies, and be able to collaborate as an individual as well as in a team setting. Must also be able to handle constructive criticism and feedback. Love what you do and take pride in your accomplishments!
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain framework - Build a product that is easy to use and easy to script
- Create useful internal tools for Human Resources - build a system that can assist with web timesheets, payroll, etc.
- Implement a robust patch server to catalog and house how all of our patches for customers and general fix packs are built
- Maintain a system to handle revenue recognition and royalties for our accounting team
- Love of learning
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge required
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Expert in writing enterprise strength Java / J2EE code
- Advanced understanding and experience in Java and OO design
- Expert knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Tomcat
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, Servlets/JSP, Spring and Hibernate, application performance and performance tuning
- Prior experience with Liferay or other portal solutions a plus
- Demonstrates expert analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Liferay is the provider of leading enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products. With offices in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, Liferay offers professional services, technical support, custom development and professional training for many Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Salary is based on previous experience.