Technical Marketing Engineer
Interested in helping grow the Liferay Brand? Looking to use your technical skills in a variety of areas? Want to be part of a fun and dynamic team? Are you energetic, innovative and like to make things happen?
Liferay's marketing team is looking for a technical engineer to assist with collateral development, brand awareness and community growth. You should be technical, but still able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences. You will be involved with many aspects of marketing and work closely with the inbound/outbound marketing teams, the sales team and partners/ISVs.
What you will be doing:
- Helping to devise market and sales strategy
- Formulating and executing competitive analysis
- Evangelizing Liferay to the market and community
- Working closely with the marketing team to help drive brand awareness and solutions
- Collaborating with Liferay partners and ISVs on projects
- Assisting the marketing team with technical questions, suggestions and support
- Contributing to our fantastic community in the form of blog posts, technical articles and code samples
- Attending conferences, trade shows – minimal travel
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Liferay
What you will need to do the job:
- Experience in Java, 2-5 years preferred, you won't be coding on a daily basis, but will need to be very familiar with Java and Java code.
- Understand what a portal is. Be able to convey its purposes, advantages, components and use cases.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task. You will potentially work on many projects at one time. You need to be able to organize, prioritize and get the job done.
- Ability to install, deploy and administer software applications, Liferay in particular.
- Need to know all about Liferay in order to provide the necessary support for the marketing team. Preference will be given for candidates with Liferay experience. However, if you are eager, can quickly get up to speed and aren't afraid to ask questions, you also have a shot.
- A desire to use your technical skills to help grow the Liferay brand by providing marketing and sales with the resources to make that happen.
This position is for the Diamond Bar, CA location, but candidates outside that area will also be considered if you are the perfect fit.