Software Engineer, Liferay Portal - Spain
Liferay is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Engineering team in Madrid, Spain to become part of the Liferay Portal development team. The position is for candidates who enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team, collaborating with the Product Management Team and Engineers from all around the world.
- Developing new versions of the Liferay Portal in collaboration with all the Engineering Teams around the world.
- Cooperate with the Support Team in the 3rd level of support of the product.
- Helping our clients and partners with their projects.
- Depending on the capacities and interests of the candidate, the participation on events to explain the new features and versions of Liferay Portal might be included among the main responsibilities.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Experience in developments with JavaEE (Servlets, JSPs, Struts, Hibernate, Spring) and the basic administration of application servers (tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere).
- Proactive person, willing to learn and face new challenges.
- Be passionate about development, technology and building great software products.
We will also value
- Experience in Liferay (Portlet development, themes, xxxx)
- Being an active member of the Liferay Community (please, confirm your User Name at liferay.com when sending your resume, any links to JIRA, Github and forums showing your participation will also be positively valued).
- Knowledge of content management systems and other portal platforms.
- Knowledge of other web technologies: Flex, PHP, RoR, Django…
- Knowledge of Linux system administrator.
- Knowledge of data bases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2…
- Training skills.
- Communication skills, teamwork, dynamism, empathy, social commitment and sense of humor.
More info about the position:
- Contract of indefinite duration.
- City: Madrid, Spain