Liferay is looking for a support engineer to join its team in Madrid, Spain. The position is meant for candidates seeking for a technical career with large opportunities for professional and personal development. In Liferay, we do believe in very high quality support service, provided by highly technically skilled professionals with capabilities to deliver fast responses to new challenges.
- Respond to technical issues reported by customers. Requires written and spoken technical skills.
- Research the issue, trying to reproduce it locally and searching for the root cause in collaboration with the rest of the support team and the product developers. Requires the ability to test issues in a wide variety of scenarios and configuration environments and developing the right solutions.
- Participate in solving any defects that might be found in the product.
The following additional responsibilities will depend on the capabilities and interests of the candidate, and would be agreed together with him/her: Help to improve the product, suggesting functionalities and features based on customer usage of the product.
- Participate in Liferay's official trainings.
- Participate in events and conferences.
- Customer relationships management.
- Process management.
Qualifications and experience:
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics: An Engineering Degree (IT or Telecommunications) from a four-year university program.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Experience in J2EE.
- Proactivity, learning skills and passionate about new challenges and their solutions.
- Motivated for continuous learning. Ongoing training will be provided and facilitated by Liferay.
- Good communication skills.
- Team building skills.
The following characteristics will be positively considered:
- Experience developing in J2EE (Servlets, JSPs, Struts, Hibernate, Spring ...)
- Experience as application servers administrator (Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere ...).
- Experience as DB manager (Oracle, Mysql, PostrgreSQL …)
- Experience developing in Liferay (portlets, themes, ext plugins)
- Experience with Portals, collaboration, and content management software.
- Exposure to other web technologies: Flex, PHP, RoR, Django …
- Exposure to Linux, both as administrator and end user.
- Participation in other open source projects.
- Teaching skills.
- Experience in customer relationships management.
We are offering
- Salary package according to qualification and experience.
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally.
- Ability to work in an international context.
- A positive and pleasant work environment.
- Working at a successful company with strong growth.
More info about the position
Contract of indefinite duration with a six-month probationary period
City: Madrid, Spain