Inside Sales Representative - London
As a Liferay Inside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for executing our strategy for growing and expanding the Liferay customer base in the UK. You will be responsible for handling enterprise-level opportunities and working with customers, both current and prospective, who need to increase their company's productivity leveraging Liferay's open source portal, content management and collaboration platform.
Attention to detail, effective communication and relationship building are key. The role requires a lot of interaction with current and prospective customers, from engineers to executives. You need to know how to sell complex software applications (demonstrated with the occasional help of a Technical Consultant). You also understand life cycles of subscription-based business models and can speak business value vs. technical value, or vice-versa as required.
- Qualify prospects and prepare quotes and RFPs according to customers' business requirements.
- Negotiate terms of agreement where necessary and close sales.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Agree on and work towards sales performance targets.
- Represent Liferay at industry and Liferay events.
- Completed apprenticeship and/or university degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business.
- Minimum 3 years experience in enterprise software sales (open source experience a plus!), including enterprise software lifecycle and subscription management.
- High attention to detail in business processes and documentation. Experience with a CRM tool (e.g. Salesforce) a plus.
- Proactive with a clear focus on business benefit and the ability to identify add-on opportunities.
- A team player and excellent communicator with strong business, sales and financial acumen.
- Flexible to travel as needed.
- Right to work in the UK.
- A workplace with a growing, dynamic and multicultural team.
- Opportunities to take on additional responsibility and grow professionally.
- A key opportunity to help continue to build a global, leading organisation in open source.
- A salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Who is Liferay?
Liferay is the leading provider of open source enterprise portal and social collaboration software solutions. We have experienced substantial growth in recent years, with double-digit revenue growth, hundreds of customers, and significant recognition in the software industry. Our award winning Liferay Portal platform has been in development since 2000 and is recognised by Gartner as a Leader for its innovation, flexibility, and completeness of vision. Offering a full suite of professional services around its products, Liferay works with major enterprises worldwide, including Benetton, Cisco Systems, Lufthansa Flight Training, Toyota, World Vision and more.
If we caught your attention and you think you are the candidate we are looking for, please email your CV and cover letter summarising your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.