toggle
Marcello Marangio
ldap custom attributes mappings issue
July 19, 2011 7:49 AM
Answer

Marcello Marangio

Recent Posts

Hi
did anybody manage to have the portal-ext.properties ldap.user.custom.mappings and ldap.contact.custom.mappings settings working?
I am trying to do that with LR 6.0.6 community edition and OpenDS.
I got the integration properly working for authentication but I am not able to make any custom field configuration synchronize with the database, i.e. changing the custom field in lr does not acceft the ldap..

This is myportal-ext.properties

ldap.user.custom.mappings=cittadinanza=cittadinanza\n

I have a cittadinanza custom attribute on LR and a cittadinanza attribute in my ldap, both simple text sype.

I 've read a lot of bugs/issues about ldap, but no one is related to this issue and in a unresolved state at the same time.
any help is REALLY appreciated.
thanks
Marcello
Jan Gregor
RE: ldap custom attributes mappings issue
July 20, 2011 1:04 AM
Answer

Jan Gregor

Recent Posts

Hi,
Try to remove the \n from the end.

Regards,
Jan.
Marcello Marangio
July 20, 2011 2:26 AM
Answer

Marcello Marangio

Recent Posts

Jan Gregor:
Hi,
Try to remove the \n from the end.

Regards,
Jan.

I did it, but still no success.
any clue?
thanks
M
Marcello Marangio
July 20, 2011 6:25 AM
Answer

Marcello Marangio

Recent Posts

Hi all
I managed to get some sort of succes with a open heart surgery on the DB.
I found that in the portletpreferences table (portletId="LIFERAY_PORTAL") all the ldap settings were set, even those with no value associated, like ldap.user.custom.mappings. So, the custom mapping setting in my portal-ext.properties file did'nt work because the DB wins in this case.
To make things work I had to delete all the ldap settings from portletpreference.preferences and move all the settings to portal-ext.properties.
Alternatively, just leave some settings in the table and set the custom mappings in portlet-ext.properties.
both works.

This would explain all the messages I found in the issues tracker with people saying that the mappings does not work, and other people answering "it works for me": the latter have no setting in the db so all the porlal-ext settings works.
It wouldn't be bad if the portal ide would NOT store the settings with no value or if portal-ext.properties file win or if the portal ide had all the settings available.

It looks like some sort of bug to me....

ciao
Marcello
Neha Goel
June 14, 2012 8:24 AM
Answer

Neha Goel

Recent Posts

Hi

I am also facing the issue with custom attribute.So what entry specifically you deleted for this as I do not see any empty value in xml for custom mapping?

Regards
Neha
Linus Sphinx
June 14, 2012 9:06 AM
Answer

Linus Sphinx

Recent Posts

Thank you. Been chasing it, trying to figure out why LDAP_USER_CUSTOM_MAPPINGS is always null or why it's fatally trying to read it whether set or not around line 121 in userExpandoMappings!LDAPSettingsUtil,java, only called on user import. Did not think to look in db.