Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Gregory Gendron
AUI, model-hints, ServiceBuilder
October 22, 2011 2:48 PM
Answer

Gregory Gendron

Recent Posts

Trying to use the AUI 'input' tag to display a datepicker and related date-time fields. Utter failure until I took the drastic step of using ServiceBuilder. I am on 6EE sp2. I began by adding the 'model' and 'bean' attributes for the aui:input tag. I created a ../META-INF/portlet-model-hints.xml (and/or portlet-model-hints-ext.xml) by hand. Using these steps all I would see rendered was the field's label, no field of any kind at all. Finally I used ServiceBuilder to create the bean class and the portlet-model-hints.xml file. Presto I got my date field! The problem is, using ServiceBuilder is totally unwarranted in my portlet. What else can I do to get my date field and take ServiceBuilder out of the equation?
GAURAV RASTOGI
RE: AUI, model-hints, ServiceBuilder
October 23, 2011 2:27 PM
Answer

GAURAV RASTOGI

Recent Posts

you can also use liferay:ui date and time tag to display these fields.can use liferay ui date and time tag using calendarfactoryutil class...refer http://liferayinaction.blogspot.com/2011/10/liferay-taglib-features.html FOR MORE DETAILS
Gregory Gendron
October 25, 2011 12:44 PM
Answer

Gregory Gendron

Recent Posts

Thanks for the tip, Gaurov. I took a look at your blog, and I did see your alternative way. But also I see that you did it with alloyui tags, and that would be my preference too. Your blog refers to and shows portlet-model-hints.xml. Tell me, were you able to create the xml file yourself, or was it a product from using ServiceBuilder? Ideally I would like to avoid using ServiceBuilder in this particular case.
Gopinath Guptha
November 11, 2011 8:05 PM
Answer

Gopinath Guptha

Recent Posts

I am facing a similar issue where I get to see only the labels. I have the hints xml in the right place as well, but it was created by me and I did not use the service builder. Is this a bug? Am i missing more files?
Gregory Gendron
November 13, 2011 1:29 PM
Answer

Gregory Gendron

Recent Posts

Gopinath BR:
I am facing a similar issue where I get to see only the labels. I have the hints xml in the right place as well, but it was created by me and I did not use the service builder. Is this a bug? Am i missing more files?

All I can say is try using Service Builder... that is the only way I got it to work. And I have not heard of any other way.
Yamini T
November 16, 2011 10:52 PM
Answer

Yamini T

Recent Posts

Hi friends,
I am using service builder to generate database table, but I am unable to create the instance for entity[like Books].
eg: Books book= new BooksImpl(), where I get the error as BooksImpl is not a resloved type.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards
Jhansi.
Artur Linhart
February 28, 2012 5:56 AM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

Hello,

please, this question has nothing to do with this thread, please start a new thread for such type of completely independent questions.

Generally, to answer Your question, the given technique should not be used, because you should never know the exact implementing class of the data object. For creation of new item use the createBook() method (or some similar method) on BookLocalServiceUtil or BookServiceUtil.