toggle
Deepjyoti Deepjyoti
Liferay Iframe containing CASified application not working properly
January 27, 2012 4:44 AM
Answer

Deepjyoti Deepjyoti

Recent Posts

Hi,

I have Liferay portal with CAS enabled, working fine.
I have another web application(say WebApp1) running on a different server (apache tomcat) which is also CASifed.
Now I include the web application(WebApp1) in an IFRAME inside a liferay page. Now I logged into the portal using CAS login (same credential exists for the WEBApp1 also) and go the the Iframe page.
Here the problem is the WebApp1 application asks for authentication again. What I want is, since I have already logged into the liferay portal using CAS, the Web Application(WebApp1) should be accessed without prompting for login credentials.

I am using Liferay 6.0.5 with tomcat 6.
Tony Rad
RE: Liferay Iframe containing CASified application not working properly
January 27, 2012 8:28 AM
Answer

Tony Rad

Recent Posts

Hi Rhina,

we have the same architecture and it is working fine: Liferay --> CAS <-- WebApp1
Can you see any message (enable debug level) in the server log of WebApp1 or in the cas log (enable debug also here) when the iframe is loaded?

Regards
Deepjyoti Deepjyoti
January 29, 2012 10:08 PM
Answer

Deepjyoti Deepjyoti

Recent Posts

Thanks for the reply Tony.

I found no error/warning messege in both server's logs. If the same scenario is working fine in your environment, may be I have missed some configurations in my end. Can you provide all the settings you have done in your environment?

Thanks.
Tony Rad
January 29, 2012 10:42 PM
Answer

Tony Rad

Recent Posts

We configured initially webApp1 to work with cas and verified it (w/o liferay)
Then we did the same testing using liferay and CAS. We followed this tutorial and the admin guide.
Finally we configured the iframe portlets.

Questions:
Can you authenticate using only webApp1 and CAS db? (Or equivalent: using liferay, after the Iframe redirect to webApp1 authentication page, can you sign in using cas?)
Can you post the CAS and liferay logs captured during liferay login?
Can you post the CAS and webapp1 logs during the iframe load?
I'd like to verify the communication message (debug level) which should happen server side btw liferay and CAS, and webapp1 and CAS.

Regards
Deepjyoti Deepjyoti
January 30, 2012 6:08 AM
Answer

Deepjyoti Deepjyoti

Recent Posts

Can you authenticate using only webApp1 and CAS db? (Or equivalent: using liferay, after the Iframe redirect to webApp1 authentication page, can you sign in using cas?)

Yes. My WebApp1 and CAS are deployed on the same server and when I run the application independently, I can access WebApp1 using CAS login successfully.
Liferay is running on a different server. In the Liferay Iframe, even after initial liferay login, I have to login again inside the Iframe to access the content of WebApp1.

Can you post the CAS and liferay logs captured during liferay login?
Can you post the CAS and webapp1 logs during the iframe load?
I'd like to verify the communication message (debug level) which should happen server side btw liferay and CAS, and webapp1 and CAS.

I am attaching the logs of both CAS+WebApp1 server and Liferay Server. I couldn't get any clue out of the log files.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments: CAS_Server and WebApp1.log (5.2k), Liferay_server.log (20.9k)