Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Gus Heck
Suversion error
March 15, 2012 8:25 AM
Answer

Gus Heck

Rank: Junior Member

Posts: 40

Join Date: November 16, 2011

Recent Posts

Not sure this is exactly the right forum for it, but the other dev related forums that seem more appropriate appear to be restricted access... I'm not currently a developer contributing to liferay, but I've checked out the tree and been looking through it in anticipation of writing an ext... however if this is a problem, it probably effects liferay developers too, OR they already know the work around, so I came here.

I'm getting

1Get repository folder children operation failed.
2svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/public': 502 Could not relay message upstream (http://svn.liferay.com)


When I try to expand the Subversion tree in eclipse... Is this a known issue? Is it an issue with Eclipse, or the repository?
Gus Heck
RE: Suversion error
March 15, 2012 12:25 PM
Answer

Gus Heck

Rank: Junior Member

Posts: 40

Join Date: November 16, 2011

Recent Posts

Interestingly when I request with firefox rest client I don't get that status code, I get 207 Multistatus (suggesting a possible proxy issue on my side)

But when I look at the "formatted results" (which causes firefox to parse the xml) I get an error... looking at the xml with IE shows me this:

1Multiple colons are not allowed in a name. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Users/pheck/Desktop/response.xml'. Line 7...
2
3<[b][color=#f90202]C:bugtraq:url[/color][/b]>http://support.liferay.com/browse/%BUGID%</C:bugtraq:url>
4----------^


THAT's clearly not legal xml.... It looks like someone has added bugtraq info in a way that subversion thinks it's part of the C namespace, rather than a bugtraq namespace.

If I remove these lines from the response:

1<C:bugtraq:url>http://support.liferay.com/browse/%BUGID%</C:bugtraq:url>
2<C:bugtraq:number>false</C:bugtraq:number>
3<C:bugtraq:logregex>(LEP|LPS)-(\d+)
4(.*)</C:bugtraq:logregex>
5<C:bugtraq:warnifnoissue>false</C:bugtraq:warnifnoissue>


Everything parses fine. Don't know if this is an issue, but thought I'd point it out in case it helps somewhere. Invalid XML returned from subversion probably causes some problem somewhere emoticon, even if it's not yet known to be related to my problem.