Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Aaron Smyser
Quick start
April 9, 2012 7:40 AM
Answer

Aaron Smyser

Recent Posts

We are currently running - or will be implementing - Liferay 5.2.3 (running with a Luminis 5.0.3 system, they are not running Liferay 6 yet)....and we would like to utilize the alloyUI.

Do we need to download and store the alloy 1.0.1 in a certain place? Can we then simply reference the tag library on our portlets(and do those portlets have to be 286 spec or can alloy run with 168 spec?

Basically we need to know if this can be done with our current (all be it older) setup, and if so, is there anything special we need to do.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron
David H Nebinger
RE: Quick start
April 9, 2012 8:38 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Yes, if you do a search for alloy and Liferay 5.2.3 you'll find out how to add Alloy support.
Aaron Smyser
April 10, 2012 1:00 PM
Answer

Aaron Smyser

Recent Posts

Cant really find anything on how to install alloy from scratch....other than it is included in later versions of liferay...

How would one go about installing it to use on an independent system? I will rephrase the question that way....as in we would like to utilize the tag libraries for other jsp's located outside the liferay portal.

thanks
David H Nebinger
April 10, 2012 1:28 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Well, alloy is really nothing more than a javascript framework. The package can be downloaded from http://alloy.liferay.com and includes a lot of demos that are straight HTML pages plus the included aui.js script file.

So you should be able to pull in the javascript and reference it. I'm not seeing the TLD file or a jar full of tags which would make using it from JSPs a little difficult. What I don't know is whether you can swipe the jar/tld from a v6 line and drop them in a similar place in v5 and get them to work (not sure how tightly coupled the tags are w/ the Liferay environment).
Aaron Smyser
April 10, 2012 1:32 PM
Answer

Aaron Smyser

Recent Posts

David H Nebinger:
Well, alloy is really nothing more than a javascript framework. The package can be downloaded from http://alloy.liferay.com and includes a lot of demos that are straight HTML pages plus the included aui.js script file.

So you should be able to pull in the javascript and reference it. I'm not seeing the TLD file or a jar full of tags which would make using it from JSPs a little difficult. What I don't know is whether you can swipe the jar/tld from a v6 line and drop them in a similar place in v5 and get them to work (not sure how tightly coupled the tags are w/ the Liferay environment).

Thanks Dave. I have been seeing the same thing as far as the jsp and tld files go.... I appreciate your responses.