Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Brian Cohen
java.lang.NullPointerException error when changing theme
May 4, 2012 6:31 PM
Answer

Brian Cohen

Recent Posts

I am logged in as a system Adminstrator, and have site Administrator and Owner roles as well. I downloaded and deployed some custom themes, and when I try to select them and save, I get this in catalina.out:

101:23:32,503 ERROR [render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
 2    at com.liferay.portlet.layoutsadmin.action.EditLayoutSetAction.updateLogo(EditLayoutSetAction.java:209)
 3    at com.liferay.portlet.layoutsadmin.action.EditLayoutSetAction.updateLayoutSet(EditLayoutSetAction.java:170)
 4    at com.liferay.portlet.layoutsadmin.action.EditLayoutSetAction.processAction(EditLayoutSetAction.java:80)
 5    at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:175)
 6    at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:190)
 7    at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:70)
 8    at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:48)
 9    at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:651)
10    at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:686)
11    at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:361)
12    at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:845)
13    at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:633)
14    at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:244)
15    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
16    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
17    at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:174)
18    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
19    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
20    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)
21    at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:533)

THis is on CentOS 6.2 64-bit with Java version:
1java -version
2java version "1.6.0_32"
3Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_32-b05)
4Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.7-b02, mixed mode)

Any ideas?
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: java.lang.NullPointerException error when changing theme
May 4, 2012 6:54 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Does the version of the theme you're trying to deploy supported by the version of liferay you're using? Theme isn't liferay version independent.
Brian Cohen
May 4, 2012 7:24 PM
Answer

Brian Cohen

Recent Posts

It's the Cleap Community theme, and it says Liferay 6.0.4+

But even if I just use the Classic theme, and switch from Blue to Green, I get the same NullPointerException, and I see the follwing error in the browser (which I also saw beforehand when trying to switch themes entirely:

Site Pages is temporarily unavailable
Hitoshi Ozawa
May 5, 2012 6:54 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

So which liferay version and bundle are you using?
David H Nebinger
May 5, 2012 9:08 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Recent Posts

Brian Cohen:
I am logged in as a system Adminstrator, and have site Administrator and Owner roles as well. I downloaded and deployed some custom themes, and when I try to select them and save, I get this in catalina.out:

101:23:32,503 ERROR [render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
2    at com.liferay.portlet.layoutsadmin.action.EditLayoutSetAction.updateLogo(EditLayoutSetAction.java:209)

I'm guessing that there is a logo assigned in your settings (or org or community, whatever) that you do not have locally. Upload a replacement logo file and try again.
Hitoshi Ozawa
May 5, 2012 3:14 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I just installed in on my Liferay 6.1.0 without any problem. The theme is replacing the logo with the portal name.

Try "Control Panel" -> "Portal Settings" -> "Display Settings" . Make sure "Allow site administrators to use their own logo" is checked.
Romain Gaume
May 23, 2012 9:08 AM
Answer

Romain Gaume

Recent Posts

Thanks, it's working for me.
Phill Ashworth
June 6, 2012 6:09 AM
Answer

Phill Ashworth

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I just installed in on my Liferay 6.1.0 without any problem. The theme is replacing the logo with the portal name.
Try "Control Panel" -> "Portal Settings" -> "Display Settings" . Make sure "Allow site administrators to use their own logo" is checked.

I have this option ticked but I am also getting the NPE on 6.1.0 when changing classic theme colour.
Any other suggestions?
Phill Ashworth
June 6, 2012 8:03 AM
Answer

Phill Ashworth

Recent Posts

I fixed this by patching Glassfish as per http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-25521