Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Corey Trager
java.lang.NullPointer Excptn at LiferayPublishOperation.isHookProjectDelta
July 9, 2012 6:19 AM
Answer

Corey Trager

Recent Posts

I'm getting a message box with every time I edit and save a file in the IDE. This shows up in the .log file too. What can I do to fix the problem or silence the errors?

at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.tomcat.core.LiferayPublishOperation.isHookProjectDelta(LiferayPublishOperation.java:265)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.tomcat.core.LiferayPublishOperation.publishDir(LiferayPublishOperation.java:219)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.tomcat.core.LiferayPublishOperation.execute(LiferayPublishOperation.java:113)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.performTasks(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1290)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:933)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3087)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Gregory Amerson
RE: java.lang.NullPointer Excptn at LiferayPublishOperation.isHookProjectDe
July 9, 2012 6:10 PM
Answer

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Corey,

Sorry for this inconvenience. Could you possibly attach a sample project here to reproduce the error? I should be able to get a fix out quickly is a nightly build pretty soon.
Keith Freeman
October 9, 2012 8:45 AM
Answer

Keith Freeman

Recent Posts

I have this same problem now, here are the conditions:
-- liferay portlet project with a couple of hooks added to it
-- depends on a java project
-- added an apache jar to the java project which exports it
-- since the liferay portlet project wasn't deploying the new jar, I had to add it to the liferay project's "Deployment Assembly" list

At the point I modified the "Deployment Assembly" to add that jar, I started getting the error dialog (with an NPE on isHookProjectDelta in the log), but everything works ok: the project is deployed, including the jar file.

Bug?
Keith Freeman
October 9, 2012 8:51 AM
Answer

Keith Freeman

Recent Posts

Note: On a hunch (based on the work "Hook" in the fatal function name), I tried doing an equivalent Deployment Assembly on a liferay portlet project without any hooks in it, and there was no error.
Gregory Amerson
October 9, 2012 6:59 PM
Answer

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Yeah looks like there likely is a bug in the deployment logic. If you could post to this thread a small example project (or couple of projects) with the deployment assembly settings and I can try to replicate on my end and see if we can get that bug fixed.