James Falkner
Liferay Marketplace Now Available!
August 1, 2012 4:55 AM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

All,

It's been a long time coming, but the Liferay Marketplace is now online and available! You can use it through www.liferay.com/marketplace or through your new Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA2's Control Panel. More details will be coming out in the following weeks as we prepare to make Liferay ISV apps available, and open it up for you to upload as well (currently you can only download plugins from Liferay). For now, also check out the related User Guide and Developer Guide for the Marketplace.
Tejas Kanani
RE: Liferay Marketplace Now Available!
August 1, 2012 5:03 AM
Answer

Tejas Kanani

Recent Posts

Great !!!
Finally It's Available after a long time !!! emoticon
Great news and looking forward to have hands on GA2 & Marketplace.
Thanks James.
Jens Meinecke
August 1, 2012 5:09 AM
Answer

Jens Meinecke

Recent Posts

Yeeeehaaw! Great news! emoticon
Jignesh Vachhani
August 1, 2012 5:59 AM
Answer

Jignesh Vachhani

Recent Posts

James, It's Great News !!!!!! emoticon
Davide Piazza
August 1, 2012 6:42 AM
Answer

Davide Piazza

Recent Posts

I "purchased"
In the received mail: "Liferay Marketplace Notification: Social Office"
the link to the App Manager to perform the download points to null. arghhhhh.....
Davide Piazza
August 1, 2012 6:51 AM
Answer

Davide Piazza

Recent Posts

"App manager" in avialable at liferay.com under user profile
Jay Patel
August 1, 2012 8:07 AM
Answer

Jay Patel

Recent Posts

Cool, it's finally here...emoticon

-Jay.
Michael Saechang
August 1, 2012 10:05 AM
Answer

Michael Saechang

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Davide Piazza:
I "purchased"
In the received mail: "Liferay Marketplace Notification: Social Office"
the link to the App Manager to perform the download points to null. arghhhhh.....

Hi Davide,

The link to the 'App Manager' that I received in the confirmation email seems to be working for me. Could you please provide where the link was pointing to?

Thanks!
Sandeep Nair
August 2, 2012 12:58 AM
Answer

Sandeep Nair

Recent Posts

Hi James,

Thats really cool. Just had a question, as to what happens to the existing community plugins that we had earlier created. Will they be moved to Marketplace anytime soon?

Regards,
Sandeep Nair
devaraj s
August 2, 2012 2:02 AM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

Hi,
I have successfully downloaded social office from liferay market place. please can you tell me how to install and use it.

Thanks
James Falkner
August 2, 2012 7:01 AM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Sandeep Nair:
Hi James,

Thats really cool. Just had a question, as to what happens to the existing community plugins that we had earlier created. Will they be moved to Marketplace anytime soon?

Regards,
Sandeep Nair

We are not going to move any community plugins automatically (some may need to be recompiled, some might be old, some might not have source code associated, etc). Each developer will need to move their plugins into the Marketplace, once the Marketplace is open for uploading (my guess is this will be in the next 4-6 weeks).
James Falkner
August 2, 2012 7:02 AM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

devaraj s:
Hi,
I have successfully downloaded social office from liferay market place. please can you tell me how to install and use it.

Thanks

Check out these getting started videos to learn more about how to use Social Office. You can also read the Social Office Documentation to answer most if not all of your questions.
devaraj s
August 2, 2012 10:05 PM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

James Falkner:
devaraj s:
Hi,

Thanks

Check out these getting started videos to learn more about how to use Social Office. You can also read the Social Office Documentation to answer most if not all of your questions.

I got it.. Thank u so much.emoticon

emoticon
Rotterdam CS
August 7, 2012 4:58 AM
Answer

Rotterdam CS

Recent Posts

James Falkner:
Sandeep Nair:
Hi James,

Regards,
Sandeep Nair

We are not going to move any community plugins automatically (some may need to be recompiled, some might be old, some might not have source code associated, etc). Each developer will need to move their plugins into the Marketplace, once the Marketplace is open for uploading (my guess is this will be in the next 4-6 weeks).

Regarding to this, how users can download the already uploaded community plugins? The company I work for had published many of them but i can't find anymore the link to download them. Are they no longer available? What we should do in the meantime?
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 7, 2012 6:05 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I think somebody from liferay.com said they were in process of moving community plugins to the Marketplace but it is taking some time.
Rotterdam CS
August 7, 2012 6:08 AM
Answer

Rotterdam CS

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I think somebody from liferay.com said they were in process of moving community plugins to the Marketplace but it is taking some time.

I have read that they won't automatically move anything and I have no problem with that but still i think they should provide availability for the already uploaded some how.
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 7, 2012 5:18 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I have read that they won't automatically move anything and I have no problem with that but still i think they should provide availability for the already uploaded some how.

You may be right. After thinking about it, MarketPlace will be "selling" software so I think they'll require developers to be totally responsible for anything they upload - they may require some verification so spammers and hackers won't just upload stuffs there.
James Falkner
August 7, 2012 5:22 PM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:

You may be right. After thinking about it, MarketPlace will be "selling" software so I think they'll require developers to be totally responsible for anything they upload - they may require some verification so spammers and hackers won't just upload stuffs there.

Exactly, most of the portlets from the old repository have not been ported to 6.1, have no icons, no listed support avenue, etc, so we can't automatically move all of them to Marketplace. We will send out an email to those that have published to the repository to remind them to move their apps over once it's possible to do so (even now, they can begin the process of porting to 6.1 if needed).
Martin Ball
August 13, 2012 3:53 AM
Answer

Martin Ball

Recent Posts

Rotterdam Community Solutions:
James Falkner:
Sandeep Nair:
Hi James,

Regards,
Sandeep Nair

Regarding to this, how users can download the already uploaded community plugins? The company I work for had published many of them but i can't find anymore the link to download them. Are they no longer available? What we should do in the meantime?

You can download them from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Plugins/

Cheers,

Martin.
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 13, 2012 4:01 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

You can download them from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Plugins/

Those are liferay's plugin and not community (developed by non-liferay uses) plugin.

Liferay.com should have got the Marketplace working before terminating the community plugin page. I think liferay.com did a poor handling here too. I think they're having a very bad year after a superb year last year.
Showing 1 - 20 of 35 results.
of 2