Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Alex Pline
Determine which web content is displayed
August 6, 2012 1:00 PM
Answer

Alex Pline

Recent Posts

I have a user that created multiple copies of various pieces of web content and now no longer knows which assets are actually being displayed live in Web Content Display portlets. She wants to clean out the duplicate articles and asked if there was a way to tell which ones were actually being shown in a portlet on a live page. Is there an easy way to tell?

We are using EE 6 SP2.
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Determine which web content is displayed
August 6, 2012 2:12 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

What do you mean by "multiple copies"? Didn't she just use a link to display a web content in multiple pages? If so, there's only one copy and deleting that will delete the content in all the pages.
Alex Pline
RE: Determine which web content is displayed
August 7, 2012 6:17 AM
Answer

Alex Pline

Recent Posts

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. Here is situation: The user thought that when a web content display portlet was removed from a page that it also deleted the web content asset (she was confused because our old portal worked this way). In setting up a site, she had done this multiple times - added a web content display portlet, created new content with a title "foo" then deleted the portlet from the page. This happened with multiple portlets and content. The result if you view the web content in the control panel is that there are multiple web content assets with the same title which don't all have exactly the same content and we are not sure which ones are actually being displayed.

My question in this context was whether there is a way to determine which web content assets are actually being displayed in a portlet and which are "orphans" so we can delete them easily to keep things tidy?

Thanks, Alex