toggle
Sasi Test
ext plugin on jboss 7.1
August 8, 2012 3:04 PM
Answer

Sasi Test

Recent Posts

hi,
Are there any instructions available anywhere on how to deploy an ext plugin in jboss 7.1 and liferay 6.1 environment? If so can someone please point me in that direction?

Doing an sdk deploy copied the whole war file to my liferay deployment folder and from there as a war to the jboss deployments folder, but did not seem to modify the ROOT.war or have any effect on it.

Thanks
Sasi
Brian Kim
RE: ext plugin on jboss 7.1
August 8, 2012 4:32 PM
Answer

Brian Kim

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Doing an sdk deploy copied the whole war file to my liferay deployment folder and from there as a war to the jboss deployments folder, but did not seem to modify the ROOT.war or have any effect on it.

The ext-plugin isn't supposed to modify the ROOT.war. It's supposed to just deploy a .war file alongside the ROOT.war that overrides classes and JSPs of the ROOT.war. That's to ensure your changes are encapsulated from the core portal itself.

See:
http://www.liferay.com/web/edward.shin/blog/-/blogs/creating-your-first-ext-plugin
Sasi Test
August 9, 2012 5:48 AM
Answer

Sasi Test

Recent Posts

ok, is there any way to know that my plugin was deployed correctly? I am not seeing any effect, and aside from the line in hte jboss console that says it deployed the war, no indication whatsoever..

Thanks.
Brian Kim
August 9, 2012 10:44 AM
Answer

Brian Kim

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Check your app server to see if the ext-plugin deployed as a .war file. It should sit alongside the ROOT.war.
Sasi Test
August 10, 2012 8:29 AM
Answer

Sasi Test

Recent Posts

yes it is there.. however, I had to add my newly created jar to the web-inf/lib folder and updated the portal-ext.properties file with the new property I had and restarted.. this picked up my changes. Just deploying as an ext-plugin did nothing...

Thank you though, I was able to get around my issue.
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 10, 2012 7:26 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Yes, you shouldn't try to overwrite portal-ext.properties using ext plugin because it doesn't work. portal-ext.properties file is read and loaded into memory when liferay is starting up before ext plugin are loaded. This is because portal-ext.properties contains information on where the deploy directory is. :-)
Ketan Patel
August 10, 2012 9:25 PM
Answer

Ketan Patel

Recent Posts

Hi,

As per my knowledge, you must have to restart your application server after deploying ext plugin to took effect.

Thanks,
Ketan Patel