Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Ken Turner
Accessibility Theme and Portlet?
August 9, 2012 2:17 PM
Answer

Ken Turner

Recent Posts

Rather obscurely, it seems that it in order to change language properties I have to first install the accessibility theme and portlet.

I do not see the accessibility theme and portlet in plugin installer searches made with Liferay 6.1. I found various links to these in other places, and was able to find the accessibility portlet on SourceForge. However the only links I can find to the accessibility theme (e.g. http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/community-plugins/-/software_catalog/products/6653591) are broken, and I cannot find this on SourceForge. Where is it? Thanks!
Dhrutika Vyas
RE: Accessibility Theme and Portlet?
August 10, 2012 2:40 AM
Answer

Dhrutika Vyas

Recent Posts

Hi,

Can you please mention what is the relation with language properties and accessibility theme and portlet.?

What you exactly want ? Change language properties or install theme and portlets from plugins repository?

Regards,
Dhrutika
Ken Turner
August 10, 2012 4:55 AM
Answer

Ken Turner

Recent Posts

What I wish to do is to change the translation of a few terms in the Language_*.properties files. I wish to change the portal configuration, not just the configuration for one portlet.

A number of Liferay forum posts say that a change in language properties should be made by defining a hook using the accessibility theme and portlet. Other posts suggest modifying portal-impl.jar. Yet other posts suggest creating a Language-ext.properties file. I'm not clear as to what the best approach is. Thanks...
Dhrutika Vyas
August 10, 2012 5:10 AM
Answer

Dhrutika Vyas

Recent Posts

Hi Ken,

If you want to change language properties ,best approach is using language-hook.

Place language properties that you want to modify in this hook

You can refer this link to create your language hook: http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/overriding-a-language-properties-file
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portal+Hook+Plugins

Let me know if you have any issues in creating language hook.

Regards,
Dhrutika
Ken Turner
August 10, 2012 6:27 AM
Answer

Ken Turner

Recent Posts

If I guess correctly, I should create "webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/liferay-hook.xml" to make a change for the entire portal. I don't seem to have such a file at the moment. Or perhaps I need to create a hook project with this change?

I also don't have a "content" folder under ROOT in which to place any changed language properties. What is (say) "content/Language_es.properties" relative to: something in a hook project, or relative to ROOT?

Thanks for your patience.
Dhrutika Vyas
August 12, 2012 11:25 PM
Answer

Dhrutika Vyas

Recent Posts

Hi Ken,

You need to create hook plugin project for this. Please refer to the link I have mentioned to create langauge-hook.

Using create command under hooks plugin,your hook structure will be created,then you just need to make entries in xml file and place your Language*.properties file.

If you still face any issues,let me know.

Regards,
Dhrutika