toggle
Ken Turner
Liferay 6.1 CE1 Documents and Media Portlet Oddities
August 10, 2012 8:26 AM
Answer

Ken Turner

Recent Posts

Any advice on the following?

(1) I've tried accessing documents stored in the Documents and Media portlet with Windows 7 Enterprise. Whether using "Map Network Drive" or "net use", my login email address or my user id, I'm getting "access denied". Old posts suggest using:

http://localhost:8080/tunnel-web/secure/webdav/guest/document_library/

but the portlet says to use:

http://localhost:8080/api/secure/webdav/guest/document_library/

Neither of these works. It appears that Liferay is configured to use digest authentication, which I hope works with Windows 7.

(2) It appears that PDF file contents are indexed successfully. It appears that images are indexed by their title. Should I expect Word 2010 documents to be indexed, or do I need some plugin for this?

(3) When searching, I accidentally typed "*thing*". This results in an endless series of error messages in the log:

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: '*' or '?' not allowed as first character in WildcardQuery

The portlet hangs up at this point and I have to shut the portal down. It looks like some error checking would be desirable.
Brian Kim
RE: Liferay 6.1 CE1 Documents and Media Portlet Oddities
August 10, 2012 3:58 PM
Answer

Brian Kim

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

For (1): I know that this isn't exactly addressing your exact problem, but have you considered using Liferay Sync instead?
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 10, 2012 7:02 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I think you're suppose to be entering liferay's username and password to access liferay's document and media library using web dav. There was some LPS issues with webdav too.

Lucene indexes MS Office documents too. Lucene is just using Apache Tika. I'm using Apache Solr instead of Lucene (they are now the same project at Apache). I think it is much better.
Ken Turner
August 13, 2012 3:13 PM
Answer

Ken Turner

Recent Posts

Thank you for the replies.

(1) For WebDAV on Windows 7 I'm using the email address and password I would normally use to log into the portal. However, I still get access denied. I was hoping that WebDAV would work out-of-the-box, but will look into Liferay Sync.

(2) I've now verified that Word (.doc) files are indexed fine.

(3) I presume that some Liferay person will look into this as it appears to be a small bug.