Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
James Polvere
Creating a Language Option
August 16, 2012 8:33 AM
Answer

James Polvere

Recent Posts

I am currently using Liferay 5.2 and I am wondering how to create a language option at the top of the homepage. I want the language selection to be applied to every page once a viewer has clicked it. I know there is an application under add application-->tools-->languages, but this just translates what the administrator sees. Any and all help and suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Dhrutika Vyas
RE: Creating a Language Option
August 16, 2012 11:56 AM
Answer

Dhrutika Vyas

Recent Posts

Hi James,

If you see configuration of Language portlet,you will find option to display it as 'Selection box.'

After that you can embed language portlet in theme,so that it will be available on each and every page.

Let me know if you have any further query on this.

Regards,
Dhrutika
James Polvere
August 16, 2012 12:52 PM
Answer

James Polvere

Recent Posts

Hi Dhrutika,

I am not seeing the configuration option. Can you tell me where I can find these please? I am relatively new to Liferay. Thanks in advance for your help.

James
Samuel Kong
August 16, 2012 9:57 PM
Answer

Samuel Kong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

The Language application does not "translates what the administrator sees." The Language portlet allows the current user to switch the language of the current page. From your description, it sounds like Language application is what you want to add to every page.
James Polvere
August 24, 2012 9:01 AM
Answer

James Polvere

Recent Posts

Sorry for the delay, that is what I am trying to do. Any advice or steps on how to do so? Thanks in advance for your continued assistance.

James
Samuel Kong
August 28, 2012 7:06 PM
Answer

Samuel Kong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

So what's the problem you're trying to solve right now? If you're just trying to add the portlet to every page, you can either use the layout.static.portlets.* properties or embed the portlet into the theme.