toggle
Chris Becker
Importing /webs projects in Liferay IDE / Developer Studio
September 7, 2012 8:25 AM
Answer

Chris Becker

Recent Posts

Hi;

I am trying to import the kaleo-web 6.1.10 source code into Developer Studio, and having issues with the import.

All of the documentation I have found or received involving importing projects provide examples dealing with portlets, layouts, hooks, etc., but nothing speaks to projects that live in the /webs folder of the SDK.

Here is my question - how would I get the source of the kaleo-web application imported into the Developer studio / Liferay IDE so that 1) it would compile correctly and 2) I would subsequently be able to modify it?

Regards,

--Chris
Gregory Amerson
RE: Importing /webs projects in Liferay IDE / Developer Studio
September 11, 2012 6:55 PM
Answer

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hey Chris,

Here is a recipe for how you could do that:
  1. Checkout the Kaleo web 6.1.0 source project here: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/tree/6.1.x/webs/kaleo-web
  2. Take the source download you have for 6.1.10 and overwrite the artifacts in the version you checked out
  3. import this project as a normal java project in Developer Studio (not as a Liferay project as -web type plugins are not supported)
  4. Then do you modifications and when you are ready to deploy, use the build.xml ant deploy task

Let me know if you have any trouble with these steps and I can try to help out.
Chris Becker
September 12, 2012 8:22 AM
Answer

Chris Becker

Recent Posts

Hi Gregory;

Thanks for the response!

I followed your instruction, imported the project as a normal java project (used the project from existing source option).

But when the project gets loaded into Developer Studio, it is still looking for the portal-trunk project on the build path, and several java Libraries are found to be missing.

I was able to resolve the missing libraries issues, but not the missing portal-trunk project, which appears to be a required project.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

--Chris
Gregory Amerson
September 13, 2012 2:44 AM
Answer

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hey Chris,

You will need to checkout the portal trunk source. In your case you would want the 6.1.0 source which should be this one:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/tree/73c2fa07b6d1ce2d0b52d290fda7c859ed3ec5d9

Into your eclipse workspace and then those portal-trunk references will compile.
Chris Becker
September 13, 2012 8:29 AM
Answer

Chris Becker

Recent Posts

HI Gregory;

Again, thanks for the reply - I believe I am getter closer!

I followed your (second set of) instructions, and got portal-trunk successfully into the workspace. When I attempt to build the kaleo source, I am still getting a number of compile errors, many of which are of the type 'cannot find symbol' (there are other errors as well).

I have attached a the console log so you could see the errors that are being generated - I think something must be missing from the build path, but not sure what.

Regards,

--Chris
Attachments: KaleoBuildCompileErrors.txt (30.0k)
Gregory Amerson
September 14, 2012 3:37 AM
Answer

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hey Chris,

Does your build.<user>.properties point to a valid bundle that is the same version ? 6.1.0? It needs that to satisfy the dependencies.
Chris Becker
September 17, 2012 12:53 PM
Answer

Chris Becker

Recent Posts

Hi Greg;

Yes, I believe that I have this set up properly.

I took a closer look at some of the errors in the attached error log, starting with the initial ones that appeared to be dealing with a package named com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.

I looked in the portal_trunk project, as well as the contents of the portal_service.jar in the bundle, and could not find this package listed. The closest I could find was a package entitled com.liferay.portal.kernel.templateparser. But this is not the package that the code is looking for.

--Chris