Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
gordon daniels
nested portlet on page template does not show layout
November 28, 2011 1:40 PM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

I added a nested portlet to my page template. I configured the nested portlet to have 30/70 layout. I want to drop a web content display into the nested portlet. However, the nested portlet doesn't show the layout and if I drag the web content portlet on to it, its not accepted.

Has anyone else tried this and could point me to info on how to make it work. Or is this a BUG?

thanks
Nagendra Kumar Busam
RE: nested portlet on page template does not show layout
November 28, 2011 2:27 PM
Answer

Nagendra Kumar Busam

Recent Posts

You can add N no of portlets to page template configuration BUT you try to add actual portlets to nested portlet once you add some new page with page template you have created.

Somehow from page template confiugration it is not working adding portlets to nested portlet configuration in Liferay 6.0.6. Anybody has any comments very much welcome
gordon daniels
November 28, 2011 2:54 PM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

thanks for your follow up. I thought I was doing something wrong but 6.0.6 definetly is not working correctly.

thanks
gordon daniels
November 29, 2011 6:36 AM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

This is just to help other who might be trying. The nested portlet function in a newly created page template will not work. I found a bug report that was filed a year ago. It seems the development team sees this as a minor issue.

However, I disagree. If you have alot of pages to create, then having the nested portlet work correctly in page template is a must. Just my two cents :-)
Nagendra Kumar Busam
November 29, 2011 8:31 AM
Answer

Nagendra Kumar Busam

Recent Posts

I will totally agree with you Gordan. If we wan't to have complex layouts kind of stuff in a ready to deploy state it will be very much useful. Even my 5 cents on raising the issue
sandip niyogi
September 19, 2012 11:39 PM
Answer

sandip niyogi

Recent Posts

Hello guys the nested portlet issue can be solved by adding the following line in portlet_content_wrapper.jspf by adiing the following line
<c:when test="<%= group.isLayoutPrototype() && layoutTypePortlet.hasPortletId(portletDisplay.getId()) && !portletDisplay.getPortletName().equals(PortletKeys.NESTED_PORTLETS) && true %>">

by replacing the following line
<c:when test="<%= group.isLayoutPrototype() && layoutTypePortlet.hasPortletId(portletDisplay.getId()) && portletDisplay.isModeView() %>">
or u can use

<c:when test="<%= group.isLayoutPrototype() && layoutTypePortlet.hasPortletId(portletDisplay.getId()) && !portletDisplay.getPortletName().equals(PortletKeys.NESTED_PORTLETS) && portletDisplay.isModeView() %>">

but the portletDisplay.isModeView() is not workingin my case i dont know why ?
any suggestion will be wellcomed

(tomcat-7.0.23\webapps\ROOT\html\common\themes\portlet_content_wrapper.jspf)
gordon daniels
November 1, 2012 5:26 AM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

sandip: thanks for the reply. I will give it a try.

thanks again