Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
gordon daniels
Manage Page not working (SOLVED)
September 28, 2012 7:20 PM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

Well, this is one for the books. I have a LR running on my desktop. It runs without any problems. I wanted to be able to access the server remotely so I moved it to a virtual server with public ip.

I can login to the server on the VM but when I click on Manage and select Page it just churns and then gives me 'connection timedout' error.

Anyone have an idea of what could cause this? I mean its an exact copy. I've copied it over at least 6 times but no go. Still same problem.

thanks
James Falkner
RE: Manage Page not working
September 21, 2012 6:08 PM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

gordon daniels:
Well, this is one for the books. I have a LR running on my desktop. It runs without any problems. I wanted to be able to access the server remotely so I moved it to a virtual server with public ip.

I can login to the server on the VM but when I click on Manage and select Page it just churns and then gives me 'connection timedout' error.

Anyone have an idea of what could cause this? I mean its an exact copy. I've copied it over at least 6 times but no go. Still same problem.

thanks

Try giving it a virtual hostname (used to construct URLs for menus and such). Control Panel -> Portal Settings -> Virtual Host
gordon daniels
September 21, 2012 8:01 PM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

James: thanks for the reply. I posted the following about virtual host.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/16363203

I have a site called themebuilder.org. I changed the virtual host from localhost to thembuilder.org. It was working fine. Then I added some user accounts. After that I could not access the manage ==> page. Don't know if that is related.

I've been running 6.0 since its release and have never seen this. I am really stumped.

thanks for reply.
Tejas Kanani
September 22, 2012 12:53 AM
Answer

Tejas Kanani

Recent Posts

Hi Gordon,

Have you set redirect.url.ips.allowed property in portal-ext.properties with your public ip? Try by adding your ip in mentioned property and restart your server.

#
# Input a list of comma delimited IPs which the portal is allowed to
# redirect to. Input a blank list to allow any IP. SERVER_IP will be
# replaced with the IP of the host server.
#
redirect.url.ips.allowed=127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP

Thanks,
Tejas
gordon daniels
September 22, 2012 7:21 AM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

Tejas: thanks for your suggestion. I had the redirect set to domain value. I tried the ip value but it did not work. Its very strange to me. I can login go to control panel and access things there, but Manage --> Page does not work.

anyway thanks for the suggestion.
Hitoshi Ozawa
September 22, 2012 6:49 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Can you check the url of the Manage Page to see if it's being directed to the proper address?

Try setting the following properties:
redirect.url.security.mode=domain
redirect.url.domains.allowed=
gordon daniels
September 23, 2012 4:32 PM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

Hitoshi: good to hear from you. I will give both of your suggestion a look.

tnaks
gordon daniels
September 23, 2012 5:43 PM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

Hitoshi: that did not work. And the url does not change when clicking on manage --> page.

thanks
gordon daniels
September 26, 2012 7:59 AM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

Here is the whole saga leading up to manage page not working. Although its now working sort of. I did an upgrade from 6.0ga4 to 6.1ga2. Before everyone tells me I shouldn't use in production, I'm not. This is for developemnt of themes and integration testing purposes. Here are the steps:

1. I did a clean install of LR 6.1ga2. I implemented all porlets and theme of 6.0. I tested throughly the portal. Everything worked.
2. I then copied the 'data' directory from old portal 6.0 to new 6.1ga2. I created a basic database. Launched 6.1ga2 and tested. Everything still worked.
3. I shutdown the portal. Then imported old database to 6.1ga2.
4. Now I tested. Everything appears to work EXCEPT manage page. I can now access it but it does not show the settings features under 'look and feel'.

I have attached my portal-ext.properties file in the hope someone with alot of experience can give me some advice. I really am stumped here.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
Attachments: portal-ext.properties (0.9k)
David H Nebinger
September 26, 2012 8:31 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Well, first of all 6.0 GA4 was full of bugs. If you want to stay on the 6.0 line, use 6.0 GA 6 (6.0.6).

Second, your upgrade process is wrong. The data directory and the database must be there before you start 6.1 the first time. 6.1 will automagically upgrade the data and the database from 6.0 to 6.1.

The way you've done it, the 6.1 would have started and checked and found everything okay. Then you shut it down and import old data and old database but, when 6.1 starts up again, it would think that there is nothing to update, so the data and/or database probably has some invalid stuff in it.
gordon daniels
September 26, 2012 8:36 AM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

David: thanks. I will give that a try. Hope to see you in San Francisco.
David H Nebinger
September 26, 2012 8:43 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Great! Looking forward to meeting you and all of the other forum participants!