Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 2. Using Liferay » General

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Aaron Paxson
Public pages assigned by group not viewable to anonymous?
September 26, 2012 6:38 PM
Answer

Aaron Paxson

Recent Posts

It's strange. I created a couple of pages in site templates, and then assigned the template to a user group (which everyone is a part of).

However, you can't see it as anonymous like a regular public page? For example, on my site: http://www.netopscommunity.net you will see the top users portlet on the left.

If you click on my name, you can load my public page (NOT from user group). It loads fine. (i.e. /web/<name>/home)

However, clicking on anyone else's, it just redirects back to the home page (from user group) (i.e. web/<name>/~/<company>/profile). If you are logged in, you can view the public page fine.

Strange? Or am I misunderstanding the process. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, guest has "view" permissions on the pages for the site template pages.
Balázs Terényi
RE: Public pages assigned by group not viewable to anonymous?
October 9, 2012 8:58 AM
Answer

Balázs Terényi

Recent Posts

I have exactly the same problem. Have you found any solution to this?
Paul Robinson
October 9, 2012 11:20 AM
Answer

Paul Robinson

Recent Posts

Hi,

I am not sure if this will help or resolve the problem, but can you check the permissions on the page template as I am pretty sure that the user pages will inherit this.

There may be an underlying problem here that when user pages are bound to page templates, permissions are causing issues.

Interested to get your feedback.

Thanks,
Paul
Balázs Terényi
October 10, 2012 2:40 AM
Answer

Balázs Terényi

Recent Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, but the page template permissions are configured well, I think.

As I see now the problem is with the permissions of the user group. In the control panel the user group permissions can not be set for guest, the whole row of checkboxes is disabled. If I uncheck the view checkbox for powerusers, it has the same effect as for the guests: they get redirected to web/guest.
I have inserted the permissions for guest directly in the resourcepermission table, cleared the database cache but the problem is still there.

There must be some logic behind disabling the possibility of setting the permissions of guests in the GUI.
Balázs Terényi
October 16, 2012 4:49 AM
Answer

Balázs Terényi

Recent Posts

I have found a solution to this: I've added the default user to the user group simply by inserting a row into the users_usergroup table.