Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Joseph Hobbs
Administratively set a 'tag' for a portlet page
October 5, 2012 7:08 AM
Answer

Joseph Hobbs

Recent Posts

When using a combination of Tag Navigator and Blog portlets, I can select a tag in the navigator and it influences the content displayed in the Blog portlet. This is great, but I don't want users to have to choose the appropriate tag for a specific area of my site. Instead I would like to eliminate the tag navigator and tell the blog portlet to just show content for tag 'whatever' only.

Is this possible out of the box? I've poked around on the portal for a while and can't seem to find anything that lets me set the tag. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Joseph Hobbs
RE: Administratively set a 'tag' for a portlet page
October 10, 2012 10:52 AM
Answer

Joseph Hobbs

Recent Posts

Given the lack of a quick response, I'm guessing this isn't something I can do 'out of the box' with Liferay. emoticon
Shinn Lok
October 10, 2012 3:34 PM
Answer

Shinn Lok

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

This can be done using the asset publisher?
Joseph Hobbs
October 11, 2012 8:12 AM
Answer

Joseph Hobbs

Recent Posts

Shinn Lok:
This can be done using the asset publisher?

I checked out the Asset Publisher initially when attempting to do this and could not get it to do what I was after. With that said, after poking around with that portlet a little more it's a much better solution than the one I was after.

Ultimately I was looking for something that I could toss in a page and 'force' a value into Liferay's IPC so that all portlets subscribing would react accordingly. I think that's still a valuable thing to have, but this solves my problem out of the box.

Thanks for the info!

Joe