toggle
Robert Gallacher
Alfresco Porlets
October 10, 2012 6:30 AM
Answer

Robert Gallacher

Recent Posts

Hi

Now we've managed to connect alfresco and liferay I notice that we don't have the alfresco portlets under the add application menu. It may be that this is in a older version or no longer needed. I've search the download for the portlets but can't find them. Can someone point me at them please?

Thanks
Rob
Robert Gallacher
RE: Alfresco Porlets
October 10, 2012 6:32 AM
Answer

Robert Gallacher

Recent Posts

PS I'm on alfresco 4 and liferay 6.1 emoticon
Luis Mas
October 10, 2012 11:50 PM
Answer

Luis Mas

Recent Posts

Robert Gallacher:
Hi

Now we've managed to connect alfresco and liferay I notice that we don't have the alfresco portlets under the add application menu. It may be that this is in a older version or no longer needed. I've search the download for the portlets but can't find them. Can someone point me at them please?

Thanks
Rob

It is recommended to use CMIS and Document and Media Portlets.
Robert Gallacher
October 11, 2012 1:22 AM
Answer

Robert Gallacher

Recent Posts

I've tried "Documents and Media Display" portlet and the "documents and media" portlet and all I seem to get is a window onto alfresco. Which is great and I think I will use this at some point in the future but all I want to do is select a document in alfresco and display on the page similar to the "web content display" portlet. In addition it would be great if the user could edit the content on the front end(WYSIWYG editor) in liferay and not have to go near alfresco.

When you say use CMIS, I believe they are both contected now and can see each other. I've started writing a portlet that will let you select the content from alfresco and render the content stream but I think the above should be available out of the box and not have to build it. I'm still working my way through the docs and still fairly new to liferay and alfresco so please bear with me.

Many thanks
Rob
Luis Mas
October 11, 2012 2:39 AM
Answer

Luis Mas

Recent Posts

I agree with you.

As this is an Open Source Platform, you could do two things:

1. Add a suggestion in Liferay Forums for this and/or open a improvement request at issues.liferay.com (it doesn't already exist).
2. Contribute with your solution or wait until Liferay Staff or other contribute with it.

I know that in last 2011 Liferay Spain Symposium, users suggested Liferay Engineers to add functions to Liferay similar to Google Docs.

Regards, Luis