of 10
Mika Koivisto
RE: The Community Edition Patchers Community
September 26, 2012 8:24 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

I think it would be nice to have individual commits for each LPS so that you can pick and choose the ones you need. That's how I maintain my own 6.1.1 patches branch.
Juan Gonzalez
September 26, 2012 8:39 AM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Yes Mika, that is the best option.
Ákos Gábriel
September 26, 2012 9:33 AM
Answer

Ákos Gábriel

Recent Posts

Technically I agree with Mika and you.

But I like in your approach that it's simply: usable !

Having a cumulative patch, which solves several issues (and doesn't cause new ones) is always nice.
What I miss in Liferay CE is a faster release cycle, these patches help me at this point.
If I'm the 'average Joe" sysadmin, I won't have the time and the skills to pick and collect the github patches that I need to apply to resolve my issues.
At most I have the resources and knowledge to recompile the source. Best would be a binary distribution. Without any implied or expressed warranty of course (as usual).

Akos
Marcelo Aberastain
September 26, 2012 12:14 PM
Answer

Marcelo Aberastain

Recent Posts

Hi All,

It is nice to see people commenting again!!
I completely agree with Mika, Individual commits for each LPS would be great!! Let's try to do it in this way.

Ákos, don't worry about picking up the rigth LPS. The idea is to make nightly/weekly (depending on how this goes) builds and make them available for download. So you won't be force to choose anything at least you wish of course. But in general, the community should be able to just download the compiled version. RCS is setting a server up to do this automatically. I will let you know as soon as this is done so we can start committing patches.

Any answer to my previous post? (theme, portal, volunteers, etc)

Cheers,
Marcelo
Aniceto P Madrid
September 26, 2012 1:55 PM
Answer

Aniceto P Madrid

Recent Posts

Hi Juan

When changing in 6.1.1 the layout name for a language distinct from the default language the portlet layout_admin fails a lot of times. Have you fixed this issue?

The asset_categories_admin fails also a lot of times, changes the vocabulary of categories, breaks the leftCategoryId-rightCategoryId structure, etc. Have you fixed this also?

I couldn't find in Jira the LPS reference.

Thanks
Juan Gonzalez
September 27, 2012 12:33 PM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Mmm doesn't sound those issues to me. Can you check it with patch applied?
Marcelo Aberastain
October 11, 2012 7:29 AM
Answer

Marcelo Aberastain

Recent Posts

Hi All,

It has been a while from the last time i wrote something here but i am glad to announce some good news :

* Folks from Preoteon(http://www.proteon.nl ) will provide the portal for lcepatchers.org and the auto-build settings. (This is going to be ready soon. Probably next week). I will let you know when this is ready so you can create your accounts in the portal.

Juan, i saw the post where you announced a lot patches. Could you pull request them to our github repository?(BTW, very well done!) . I know we agreed to makes commits just one per LPS but I think we could do an exception in this case. ( at least you want to split them all).

As soon as we have our first patched version available we will be officially live!! (I hope next week!!)

Cheers,
Marcelo
Ivano Carrara
October 11, 2012 7:38 AM
Answer

Ivano Carrara

Recent Posts

Hi Marcelo,

Did you know if the service can provide aldo patched versions of the various Liferay's plugin (Kaleo, Calendard, etc.) ?

Thank you in advance for a comment...

Ivano C.
Marcelo Aberastain
October 11, 2012 7:40 AM
Answer

Marcelo Aberastain

Recent Posts

Ivano,

I am not sure, i will check and i will let you know.

Marcelo
☃ ☃
October 11, 2012 8:27 AM
Answer

☃ ☃

Recent Posts

Hi Ivano,

We're currently working on setting up a build environment based on Jenkins at lcepatchers.org, it should be ready somewhere next week. Initially it will be building current fork in the github repository. Since the server will be idle most of the time we can probably have it build patched plugins or older versions of Liferay as well.

Sander
Juan Gonzalez
October 11, 2012 9:12 AM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Ok just let me some days more to add more issues patches to my "big" patch. Will let you know when I finish...

Thanks for your support!
Wieteke den Uijl
October 12, 2012 3:37 AM
Answer

Wieteke den Uijl

Recent Posts

Hi all,

so we're working on getting the lcepatchers.org ready for use and wanted to get an RSS feed of this discussion shown there, so the discussion can remain here, which I think is the best place for it. Problem is that RSS feeds from the message boards at Liferay.com seem to be empty. iFrame also does not show that easily, since it jumps to the last message at the bottom of the page. Anyone have a suggestion on how to place this discussion on lcepatchers.org with RSS?
Luis Mas
October 12, 2012 4:30 AM
Answer

Luis Mas

Recent Posts

I've been testing in several ways and RSS for a thread doesn'n work for me also.

But maybe could be more useful if Liferay could open a new thread for Comunity Patches. It could be inside Liferay Portal -> English -> 10. Comunity Patches.
Ákos Gábriel
October 12, 2012 5:30 AM
Answer

Ákos Gábriel

Recent Posts

Asking Liferay to fix their RSS? emoticon
Alejandro Espartaco Alvarez
October 12, 2012 7:08 AM
Answer

Alejandro Espartaco Alvarez

Recent Posts

Hi All,

Nice to meet you, "posting" here.
I have been reading since its beginning and I'm so happy about how many people is getting involved.

I'd like to suggest that we move entirely, to the site www.lcepatchers.org to start growing there.

Getting people registering there and having them posting there to a new forums would be great.

So let's register us at...

www.lcepatchers.org

Kind Regards
Alejandro
James Falkner
October 12, 2012 9:22 AM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Wieteke den Uijl:
Hi all,

so we're working on getting the lcepatchers.org ready for use and wanted to get an RSS feed of this discussion shown there, so the discussion can remain here, which I think is the best place for it. Problem is that RSS feeds from the message boards at Liferay.com seem to be empty. iFrame also does not show that easily, since it jumps to the last message at the bottom of the page. Anyone have a suggestion on how to place this discussion on lcepatchers.org with RSS?

Hey Wieteke,

Either way (separate category here or on lcepatchers) is good. I'd prefer if it were here though. Let me know!

RSS should work - I just tested it - try this URL: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/rss?p_l_id=8440747&_19_threadId=15973256 - I think you may have tried to create an RSS feed based on a single message (e.g. with a messageId= in the URL). What I did was go to the category (where there is an 'Actions' flyout for each thread, including an option for RSS, to get the URL). You can do that from any level of the forum hierarchy. Here's the output from curl using the above URL:

2[jhf@james-falkners-macbook-pro-2]:~$> curl 'http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/rss?p_l_id=8440747&_19_threadId=15973256'
 3<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 4<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
 5  <title>RE: The Community Edition Patchers Community</title>
 6  <link rel="alternate" href="http://www.liferay.com/c/message_boards/find_thread?p_l_id=&amp;threadId=15973256" />
 7  <subtitle>RE: The Community Edition Patchers Community</subtitle>
 8  <entry>
 9    <title>RE: The Community Edition Patchers Community</title>
10    <link rel="alternate" href="http://www.liferay.com/c/message_boards/find_message?p_l_id=&amp;messageId=17114190" />
11    <author>
12      <name>Alejandro Alvarez</name>
13    </author>
14    <id>http://www.liferay.com/c/message_boards/find_message?p_l_id=&amp;messageId=17114190</id>
15    <updated>2012-10-12T14:08:49Z</updated>
16    <published>2012-10-12T14:08:49Z</published>
17    <summary type="html">Hi All,&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Nice to meet you, &amp;#034;posting&amp;#034; here.&lt;br /&gt;I have been reading since its beginning and I&amp;#039;m so happy about how many people is getting involved.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I&amp;#039;d like to suggest that we move entirely, to the site www.lcepatchers.org to start growing there.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Getting people registering there and having them posting there to a new forums  would be great.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;So let&amp;#039;s register us at...&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;www.lcepatchers.org&lt;br /&gt;&lt;b

See you next week!
Luis Mas
October 12, 2012 2:20 PM
Answer

Luis Mas

Recent Posts

Juan Gonzalez P:
Agree with Histoshi too. All my patches are only for bugs obtained from Liferay JIRA. I only apply changes made by Liferay staff to ensure quality....

Hi Juan, made by Liferay staff or Contributed by the Community and Accepted by Liferay, isn't it?
Wieteke den Uijl
October 13, 2012 7:33 AM
Answer

Wieteke den Uijl

Recent Posts

Hi James,

thanks for the help. In browsing through the categories and threads of the forum, I don't get the actions button behind the various categories. Only level I get these on is, if I subscribe myself to the thread and then go to my subscriptions. Maybe something to do with permissions, since I can imagine you have some more than I have @liferay.com. However, I think I can manage to make it work now.

My preference would be to keep the conversation here, but it's not really my call emoticon, it mostly depends on the people actually patching and where they prefer to communicate about this. Thing is that multiple places won't work.

See you on monday and hopefully lots of others too!!
Luis Mas
October 17, 2012 6:28 AM
Answer

Luis Mas

Recent Posts

Just one question... what about the security patches? In Github you can find a fork for comunity-security-team with a cumulative patch for 6.1.1.

Regards!!!
☃ ☃
October 18, 2012 11:33 PM
Answer

☃ ☃

Recent Posts

Luis Mas:
Just one question... what about the security patches? In Github you can find a fork for comunity-security-team with a cumulative patch for 6.1.1.

Regards!!!

Hi Luis,

We can add the security patchers fork as a remote repository and pull their patches into our fork. This should make it easy to get their patches into our code.
Showing 41 - 60 of 182 results.
of 10