Showing 21 - 26 of 26 results.
of 2
Gaurav Jain
RE: Liferay 6.2 Milestone 1 Feature Review
November 6, 2012 10:44 PM
Answer

Gaurav Jain

Recent Posts

I have done some review of new WCM feature, and have here attached my review report (@James, also sent you an email)
Attachments: BugSquadCEFeatureReviewFormNewWCMManagementUI.docx (386.8k)
Dennis Greiffenberg
November 6, 2012 11:31 PM
Answer

Dennis Greiffenberg

Recent Posts

I'll be testing WCM, too.

/Dennis
Jorge Ferrer
November 7, 2012 12:27 AM
Answer

Jorge Ferrer

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hey guys,

I want to highlight that as James said, we are mainly interested in a functional review of the milestone. If you find bugs please report them in JIRA (making sure to set the affected version to 6.2.0 M1), but don't look explicitly for them because you may find too many. This release is less-than-alpha quality that didn't go through a QA round before releasing (although the individual code changes did).

This milestone is part of our goal to improve our releases by making it easier for you to see the features we are working on earlier and provider your feedback. I would like to still like to do several milestone releases before we start the beta cycle around mid 2013. As we get closer to that the milestones should be getting better in quality.

BTW, we have decided to highlight 4 of the new features so that we can get more focused feedback. There are several other features also in the milestone that you may find out as you try it out. Some of them are finished and some of them are part of a larger set of changes coming (for example the support for hierarchical sites which will be highlighted in future milestone release). If you want to see a complete list search for completed Stories in JIRA.

One important note for those testing Application Display Templates (ADT), we are going to provide several templates out of the box for each of the applications that have support for this type of templates. These templates were originally written in Velocity but we've decided to convert them to Freemarker. Because of that they didn't make them to the release. You can see a work version of them in a pull request to Brian. I will also try to put them in some other place so that you can easily download them to do your tests of ADT.

Regarding suggestions for improvements, besides the wiki that James mentioned, I would actually prefer if you guys use the message boards category. That makes it easier to have a conversation between everybody interested in that feature. I'm subscribed to that category and while I'm lagging behind right now due to the symposiums I'll do my best in providing timely answers and pointing the right developers to it.

@Luis Mas we are starting to use more and more a new ticket type in JIRA called Story that focuses more on identifying which type of user is benefiting from the improvement/feature and what the benefit is. In other words its title and description will be more end user oriented and easier to understand. Inside, we will create subtasks that are more technical. In the example you mention, LPS-27596, you should look at the parent story for the useful info you are looking for.
@Sampsa The translations were not updated from the latest in Pootle for this release so don't get frustrated if your translations didn't go in.
@Sampsa We are already working in the WCM Structure editor. First we needed to add several features to the new editor (being used in DDL) so that it could be part of WCM as well. Once those are ready (pretty soon) we'll start the integration.
Eduardo P. Garcia
November 7, 2012 1:58 AM
Answer

Eduardo P. Garcia

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Jorge Ferrer:
One important note for those testing Application Display Templates (ADT), we are going to provide several templates out of the box for each of the applications that have support for this type of templates. These templates were originally written in Velocity but we've decided to convert them to Freemarker. Because of that they didn't make them to the release. You can see a work version of them in a pull request to Brian. I will also try to put them in some other place so that you can easily download them to do your tests of ADT.

You can find the list with the sample Application Display Templates and the links to download them in the BugSquad - Liferay Portal 6.2 CE Milestone 1 Testing wiki page.
Davide N. P. Rossi
November 7, 2012 3:18 AM
Answer

Davide N. P. Rossi

Recent Posts

Hi to all,
Calendar Portlet can't be compiled with M1 build because of missing source files.
eg. portal.kernel.dao.orm.ActionableDynamicQuery
portal.kernel.dao.orm.BaseActionableDynamicQuery etc.. etc..
To build correctly get latest github liferay portal and plugins and re-build from scratch.
Just a note for whoever would like to play with calendar portlet
Cheers!
Hitoshi Ozawa
November 20, 2012 10:16 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Hi Jorge,

Forgot to thank you for telling us there currently isn't any fixed dates. I can set up my plans on this information while I was having trouble scheduling when date was repeatly changed.
Large Japanese IT companies still work in factory like manner with planning and scheduling. We get hammered when we deviate from schedule we setup. (grim)
Showing 21 - 26 of 26 results.
of 2