toggle
Saurabh Suman
unable to install private plugin 6.1.1 + Jboss 7 + Openshift
November 7, 2012 11:04 PM
Answer

Saurabh Suman

Recent Posts

Hi
I am new to many things here and not sure where I am going wrong. I am working on Jboss 7 on Openshift with liferay version of 6.1.1

I was able to install liferay properly a tutorial based on https://github.com/openshift/jbossas7-liferay-quickstart.git

Just upgraded the path and updated portal-service.jar and portlet.jar and everything worked fine like charm but I realized I do not have market plugin install. So I did a bundle installation of liferay/jboss and copied market plug in deployment directory and market plugin install successfully but problem started from there.

1. When click on private plugin or Kaleo (both I need for my project) , liferay gave me message hot deployment not possible and deploy manually with LPKJ file download. Now when I put this in download directory of jboss and it says deploy sucessful but do not show anything.

My next step was to copy Private plugin from my local machine and put in deploy directory and that gives me error with PluginContextListener not found and same is true for Kaleo.

Please let me know what is the solution of this. I saw in one thread mentioned that move PluginContextListener at the end and I did that but still I get same error.

Any solution is appreciated and please consider me a very very dumb guy...
gordon daniels
RE: unable to install private plugin 6.1.1 + Jboss 7 + Openshift
November 8, 2012 7:00 AM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

Hi: I don;t use your platform but here is what I would do (you may have already done this). Go to control panel click on 'store' link. Enter your usr and password. Then select private plugin for download, then install. Then install Kaleo and other portlets.

I hope I understood what you were saying. If not, disregard my reply emoticon
Saurabh Suman
November 8, 2012 4:37 PM
Answer

Saurabh Suman

Recent Posts

gordon daniels:
Hi: I don;t use your platform but here is what I would do (you may have already done this). Go to control panel click on 'store' link. Enter your usr and password. Then select private plugin for download, then install. Then install Kaleo and other portlets.

I hope I understood what you were saying. If not, disregard my reply emoticon

Hi Gorden,
Thanks a lot for your reply. As you said I did this already, I tried to install LPKG and Jboss says "Deployed Sucssfully" but I don't see any effect. Another way I wanted to do is to put exploded plugin from Liferay bundled application directly and that did not work.

One thing in particular I have noticed that liferay 6.1.1 bundled with Jboss is also not working on local system. I am not sure whether its only me who gets into the problem with liferay installation (basic installation out of box, which should work ideally) or many other people also facing the same problem.

I really appreciate a solution as I have no other option left.
gordon daniels
November 9, 2012 4:55 AM
Answer

gordon daniels

Recent Posts

I use the tomcat bundle and it works. I am on 6.1.1.1ga2. I used jboss back on 6.0 when it was first release but not since then. This sounds lame but maybe its a bad install.

Here is my lame way of trying to solve.

1. I would drop database and then recreate and try again.
2. If that does not work, I would try a new install.

sorry

Best of luck.