Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Premek Steidl
Document library hook not working on Websphere 8.0?
November 11, 2012 1:46 PM
Answer

Premek Steidl

Recent Posts

Hi all,
I've created a hook for Documents and Media display to enable sorting by name ascending and to make possible to direcly show/download document in library by "first click". Problem is that my hook doesn't work on our Websphere 8.0 server. On my (and my colleagues') local Tomcat machines it works fine.
I changed these jsps: init.jsp, congfiguration.jsp, view_file_entries.jsp. After deploy I see my changes in configuration page - so the hook is deployed, but no changes are visible in "library displaye" page (view_file_entries.jspf). I also added some "simple html" for debugging into that jspf, but I don't see it on that page on WAS. It look's like my jspf is not used, but still the original one. I was checking log, but I didn't find anything.
I checked the .war, that was deployed via Webshpere console and that contains all my changed jsp/f. But I don't where where to check the "unpacked" deployed version of the hook on WAS. I don't know the path, where IBM WAS unpacked its deployed liferay wars. Does anybody know where to look?

It looks similar to problem somebody has on Weblogic (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12627329/override-jsp-hook-issue-when-deploying-to-weblogic).

So, please, can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.
Premek

Just note, very similar hook I used for asset publisher and that one works fine.
Premek Steidl
RE: Document library hook not working on Websphere 8.0?
November 14, 2012 4:53 AM
Answer

Premek Steidl

Recent Posts

Just a note.
I removed that hook and created a new simplest one, that just adds visible text to that view_file_entries.jspf and again no problems on local, hook is succesfully deployed on WAS, but that change is not visible on page :-(
I also checked the WAS "deployed" liferay.ear similarly as the guy in mentioned stackoverflow post, but Ive found out that, there are correct version of changed "jsps"'.

So, in that ear in I can see (ao.):
configuration.jsp - my changed version - this one is used when I open the configuration
configuration.portal.jsp - the original one
init.jsp - my changed version - this one is used
init.portal.jsp - the oroginal one.
view_file_entries.jsp - my changed version - not used????
view_file_entries.portal.jsp - the original one. - but this one is shown in the DaMD portlet :-(

I really don't know what could cause the problem.
Premek Steidl
RE: Document library hook not working on Websphere 8.0?
November 15, 2012 1:38 AM
Answer

Premek Steidl

Recent Posts

Ok,
another observation. The problem is probably with the JSP fragment files. I was desperate so I tryied one ugly thing - I've changed the view.jsp so it doesn't contain that view_file_entries.jspf include any more. I just copied that jspf code directly to view.jsp and make changes there and voilá, now it works! So, I think there could by a problem with compilation of included jspf files on WAS. I'll try it again on another of our WAS instance and if it will confirm my guess I will report it as a Liferay/WAS bug.