Threads [ Previous | Next ]
George James
LDAP
November 11, 2012 9:21 PM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

HI friends,
I am trying to connect to LDAP from liferay portal but i am not able to make a connection when its successfully done from intranet with the same setting. Please help

Thanks in advance
Siby Mathew
RE: LDAP
November 12, 2012 2:20 AM
Answer

Siby Mathew

Recent Posts

Hi George,
Can you please let us know what are the configurations you have done for the same.
Also did you test the LDAP connection using the button to retrieve user data in the control panel.

Thanks,
Siby
George James
November 14, 2012 12:11 AM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

Hi Siby,
i have entered the Base Provider URL ,Base DN,Principal and Credentials respectively under the connection part in LDAP. Actually my application was pointing to an LDAP earlier which is being shifted to new LDAP server. SO i should make the changes respectively to get it done. So what i did was i made change in the base URL and the port. This is what i did in both econnect and intranet which resulted in successful connection in intranet but not in econnect. Please help

Thank you,
George
Siby Mathew
November 14, 2012 5:22 AM
Answer

Siby Mathew

Recent Posts

Hi George,
Can you make sure your new base URL value has been updated in the database properly. (Check portletpreferences)

Thanks,
Siby
George James
November 15, 2012 3:55 AM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

Hi Siby,
I guess my server machine is blocked using some firewall or something as it was importing every 30 mins which i made it 2hours now. I found its blocked because i used JXPLORER to connect to the ldap server from my machine which was successful and again tried it in the server machine which ended up with error. So i guess its being blocked.

Thank you so much,
George
George James
November 15, 2012 4:07 AM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

Hi Siby,

Now i am facing another issue with the error for which i ve attached a txt file... I am not quite sure why this error is coming up... Hope you can help me with it.

Thanks in advance,
George
Attachments: ldap bind err - 11-14-12.txt (18.9k)
Siby Mathew
November 15, 2012 6:41 AM
Answer

Siby Mathew

Recent Posts

Hi George,
This looks like some authentication issue.

I googled based on your error code :
As per this link, the guy changed
uid=userid to cn=userid and it worked.

Can you check if this works for you ?

Thanks,
Siby
George James
November 15, 2012 9:46 PM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

Hi Siby,
This is where i got stuck actually. I am put into liferay project recently and i am learning it. So can you please tell me where i should make this particular change? i mean in which class or file?
Thanks,
George
Siby Mathew
November 16, 2012 2:05 AM
Answer

Siby Mathew

Recent Posts

Hi George,
You have to play with the LDAP settings in the control panel.
For the config that I have mentioned, there are corresponding input fields in LDAP settings.
eg: Principal, Credentials etc

Thanks,
Siby
George James
November 16, 2012 2:52 AM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

Hi Siby,
I will work on the configuration part and let you know. The server is down for backup. So will do once i get my hand on it.

Thanks,
George
George James
LDAP
December 4, 2012 8:59 PM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

Hi Siby,
Hope you are doing good.... I am back with another issue. All that issues i addressed before has been solved. Now we have migrated from old LDAP server to new LDAP server. I deleted the user from liferay after deactivating the user so that i want the user to be imported from LDAP when the server starts up again. This case is successful using old LDAP server. In the new server the user is not being imported. Help me with this issue

Thanks,
George
Anil Sunkari
December 5, 2012 10:57 PM
Answer

Anil Sunkari

Recent Posts

Hi George,

You have an option to select import users with interval basis on startup.Can you cross chek that??

Regards,
Anil Sunkari
George James
December 6, 2012 1:16 AM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

Hi anil,
Actually the setting is like when the server starts up, the user should get imported from LDAP that's the setting i have configured. It works fine when i work with my old LDAP config, the user is getting imported fine even after i deactivate and delete him.All the changes i make is the URL i.e, Idap://etc:portnumber. It should behave the same with same settings right? I am deactivating and deleting the user then again i am restarting my liferay server. The problem is with the new LDAP which we have configured. Can you please advice.

Thanks,
George
Anil Sunkari
December 6, 2012 2:00 AM
Answer

Anil Sunkari

Recent Posts

Either can you Quickly check your portal-ext.properties file might be you have not reverted anything from there??? May be
George James
December 6, 2012 2:54 AM
Answer

George James

Recent Posts

ok anil will do that
Thanks