Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Chuck Wyatt
Login stuck on /c with no landing page!?
November 29, 2012 1:47 PM
Answer

Chuck Wyatt

Recent Posts

Hi there,

We're kicking the tires on a new install of Liferay 6.1.1 CE GA2. (Paton / Build 6101 / July 31, 2012). Suddenly when our test users login, they aren't directed to the landing page set up under "Portal Settings," rather it goes to a blank page at http://myurl.edu/c and just kind of stays there. If I remove the "/c" part of the URL we are actually logged in. Strange. Logout works fine. I'm attaching a screenshot of our Portal setup screen. I've tried lots of different machinations and still the stuck redirect on "/c" persists.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chuck

Jack Chung
RE: Login stuck on /c with no landing page!?
November 29, 2012 3:31 PM
Answer

Jack Chung

Recent Posts

don't know if this is a solution to your problem, but I usually find that I don't specify the Home URL, the Default Landing Page, or the Default Logout Page for a basic, generic instance of Liferay. If you've specified the virtual host in the Control Panel -> Site Settings, as well as under the Control Panel -> Portal Settings, I've found that it also causes some oddities with Liferay works. For the most part, we have found that placing the virtual host in the Control Panel -> Portal Settings only is the best way to go.
Chuck Wyatt
November 30, 2012 6:51 AM
Answer

Chuck Wyatt

Recent Posts

Thanks so much for these suggestions -- I went into change and still no joy. Login from the default page never fully redirects. Just goes to this /c link (!) with a blank page.
Jack Chung
November 30, 2012 1:58 PM
Answer

Jack Chung

Recent Posts

oddly, as I was poking around the other threads, I came across another recent thread that seems to indicate that the issue may be Tomcat related : http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/251533 . (It is a bit further down in the thread). You may want to try starting out a fresh instance from one of the Liferay / Tomcat bundles, or take a look at http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen11-installing-liferay-on-tomcat-7-0 to install liferay on an existing Tomcat application server.

***actually, taking a look at that old thread once again, I get the feeling that the directory stucture looks incorrect. Not sure if you having the same directory structure at the other thread, but the entire Liferay .war should be extracted within the ROOT folder In the old thread below, it looks like they extracted everything into "webapps" when it should be all under "ROOT".
Chuck Wyatt
November 30, 2012 1:55 PM
Answer

Chuck Wyatt

Recent Posts

Jack, I was able to fix that today. What did it for me, was part of your solution, I think -- I got rid of all data in the "default landing page" fields, but what REALLY broke it I discovered was not having "localhost" in the virtual server field. That seems odd to me, but that did fix it.
Abc Defg
December 3, 2012 12:54 AM
Answer

Abc Defg

Recent Posts

Chuck Wyatt:
Jack, I was able to fix that today. What did it for me, was part of your solution, I think -- I got rid of all data in the "default landing page" fields, but what REALLY broke it I discovered was not having "localhost" in the virtual server field. That seems odd to me, but that did fix it.

You can write any name you want to that field but you have to update your /etc/hosts file so you get sent to correct IP
For example:
1127.0.0.1 acorn.clarku.edu