toggle
Veeresh Hubballi
Liferay6.1GA2 terracotta integration
December 5, 2012 10:34 PM
Answer

Veeresh Hubballi

Recent Posts

Hi,
I am trying to integrate liferay with terracotta.Please eyeball on the steps i followed .
1).Installed terracotta server(trial edition) in my local downloaded from http://www.terracotta.org/products/enterprise-suite .
2)Replaced ehcache-core.jar in in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib with the jars all jars in TERRACOTTA_HOME/ehcache/lib
3)Copied TERRACOTTA_HOME/common/terracotta-toolkit-1.0-runtime-<version>.jar in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib
4)Copied the terracotta config xmls(Attached) in ehcache folder of TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes.
5).Update portal-ext.properties with the below properties.

 ehcache.multi.vm.config.location=/ehcache/liferay-multi-vm-terracotta.xml
 net.sf.ehcache.configurationResourceName=/ehcache/hibernate-terracotta.xml
 hibernate.cache.region.factory_class=net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCacheRegionFactory

7).The Liferay tomcat server successfully connects to the terracotta server as I can see from terracotta dev console. But context initialization is getting failed throwing an net.sf.ehcache.CacheException
Caused by: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Another CacheManager with same name 'liferay-terracotta' already exists in the same VM. Please provide unique names for each CacheManager in the config or do one of following:
1. Use one of the CacheManager.create() static factory methods to reuse same CacheManager with same name or create one if necessary
2. Shutdown the earlier cacheManager before creating new one with same name.
The source of the existing CacheManager is: URLConfigurationSource
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.assertNoCacheManagerExistsWithSameName(CacheManager.java:529)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:374)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:259)
at net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCacheRegionFactory.start(EhCacheRegionFactory.java:79)
... 35 more

I see many pages in google regarding the same issue but there are no posts which tells the root cause of this issue.
Is this a bug from LIferay.

Thanks,
Veeresh
Matt Wolinski
RE: Liferay6.1GA2 terracotta integration
April 22, 2013 7:31 PM
Answer

Matt Wolinski

Recent Posts

Use the following to get around that issue:

hibernate.cache.region.factory_class=net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.SingletonEhCacheRegionFactory