toggle
Vijay Kumar
How to deploy standalone enterprise war file on WebSphere v6.1
December 20, 2012 5:03 AM
Answer

Vijay Kumar

Recent Posts

Hi...!
I am new to liferay and i have downloaded Enterprise standalone war file to deploy on WebSphere Application Server 6.1. I followed the liferay guide for deploying war file on different application servers and followed the steps defined in the doc for deploying war on WebSphere v6.1 and added dependencies jar as well, Application Installed on WebSphere and started, but when i tried to access the application it failed to display the page. I tried to deploy war file on tomcat 7 and WebSphere v6.1 and failed in both, so can any one please help me out resolving the issues ASAP. Please.

Thanks,
Vijay Kumar
Anonymous
RE: How to deploy standalone enterprise war file on WebSphere v6.1
December 20, 2012 8:22 AM
Answer

Anonymous

What errors were you seeing on Websphere, Just webpage not found?
Vijay Kumar
December 21, 2012 4:11 AM
Answer

Vijay Kumar

Recent Posts

Hi James,

Please find below the steps which i have followed for deploying Standalone Enterprise War on WebSphere 6.1.

1. Downloaded the Liferay Portal WAR file (trial Version)
2. Downloaded the Liferay Portal Dependencies having 3 jar files (hsql , portal-service, portlet).
3. Created the Profile of Liferay in WebSphere 6.1 using PMT (Profile Management Tool).
4. Placed the dependencies jar files and additional jar files (activation, ccpp, hsql, jms, jta, jtds, jutf7, mail, mysql, persistence, portal-service, portlet, postgresql, support-tomcat) as well took from bundled tomcat CE to placed in the websphere/appserver/lib/ext.
5. copied portlet.jar from the Liferay Dependencies archive into WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ext.
6. I Decided to handle database and mail configuration using Liferay Portal itself so haven't configure database and mail configuration in WebSphere 6.1.
7. Click Applications -> Install new applications.
8. Browse for liferay-portal-6.1.20-ee-ga2-2012XXXXXXXXXX.war.
9. set the context root to / in the context root path.
10. war file successfully deployed and installed.
11. Select liferay-portal.war, click Start.
12. Tried to access the page using http://localhost:9083/ as i set the default port to 9083 in WebSphere

I didn't saw the configuration page of liferay and when i checked the application server logs i found Exceptions their. Please find below the Attached log files having Exception and Help me in deploying war file on WebSphere.
Attachments: SystemOut.log (382.9k), SystemOut_12.12.20_05.10.34.log (1,017.0k)
Jack Chung
December 21, 2012 12:50 PM
Answer

Jack Chung

Recent Posts

From the systemout.log, it looks like there is a version conflict somewhere in the HSQL database. I've only got experience with websphere 8, but by default, the Liferay folder should be in the appserver level - so it should under WebSphere/AppServer/liferay/data/hsql. You'll probably want to delete the "hsql" folder for a fresh instance of the HSQL database.
Anonymous
January 3, 2013 8:44 AM
Answer

Anonymous

The Error message was trying to deploy an older version of the portal 6101 when version is 6110. Jack is correct in that it seems it is trying to connect to a database that was used on an older version. Try running a different database like MySQL or clearing out HSQL, as Liferay must use a database that was made or upgraded to the same version.