Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Chandrasekaran Pethan
How to Integrate liferay portal with Enterprise application on Jboss 7
December 21, 2012 6:50 PM
Answer

Chandrasekaran Pethan

Recent Posts

I have an enterprise application having an EAR bundled with several ejb jars and several wars. How do I integrate with the latest liferay portal (i.e 6.1) on Jboss 7 application server. Am using Eclipse IDE for building and deploying and using DB2 as database.

I have followed all the steps mentioned as in the below installation guide link.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen11-installing-liferay-on-jboss-7-0

and got it deployed succesfully but now how do I integrate my EAR application into this.

Thanks in advance
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: How to Integrate liferay portal with Enterprise application on Jboss 7
December 22, 2012 3:59 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

What do you mean by "integrate"? Are you trying to package liferay war into your ear file?
If you just want to exchange data, you can just use rmi, web service or json interface.
Chandrasekaran Pethan
December 24, 2012 1:49 AM
Answer

Chandrasekaran Pethan

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:
What do you mean by "integrate"? Are you trying to package liferay war into your ear file?
If you just want to exchange data, you can just use rmi, web service or json interface.

Yes, First I need to deplooy the liferay war and then include EJB jars one by one and finally deploy them as an packaged EAR.

I have the following project structure inside my EAR, I use Eclipse IDE (juno version)
+cache-ejb ( ejb jar)
-ejbModules
-META-INF
+counter-ejb(ejb jar)
-ejbModules
-META-INF
+documentary-ejb (ejb-jar)
-ejbModules
-META-INF
+lock-ejb(ejb-jar)
-ejbModules
-META-INF
+mail-ejb(ejb jar)
-ejbModules
-META-INF
+portal-ejb(ejb-jar)
-ejbModules
-META-INF
+portal-web(WAR)
-Java Resources
-WebContent
-META-INF
-WEB-INF
+tunnel-web(WAR)
-Java Resources
-WebContent
-META-INF
-WEB-INF

Thanks,
Chandru
Hitoshi Ozawa
December 24, 2012 2:07 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Following thread may provide you with a clue. Check the last post.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3653586
Chandrasekaran Pethan
December 26, 2012 1:57 AM
Answer

Chandrasekaran Pethan

Recent Posts

Hi Thanks for the url I will check it .

Meanwhile could you please check the below:

I was able to get the liferay portal configuration page after I deployed latest war of liferay portal. While I tried to change to different database DB2.

I entered the following requied fields in the configuration wizard.
JDBC URL :jdbc:db2:SPINIMS1
JDBC Driver Class Name:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
Username
Password:

I get the below error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:163)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:335)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:57)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:206)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:108)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:123)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:206)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:108)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:294)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.ntlm.NtlmPostFilter.processFilter(NtlmPostFilter.java:83)
root cause
java.lang.AbstractMethodError
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyDatabaseMetaData.getDatabaseMajorVersion(NewProxyDatabaseMetaData.java:3678)
com.liferay.portal.spring.hibernate.DialectDetector.getDialect(DialectDetector.java:59)
com.liferay.portal.spring.hibernate.PortalHibernateConfiguration.determineDialect(PortalHibernateConfiguration.java:82)
com.liferay.portal.spring.hibernate.PortalHibernateConfiguration.newConfiguration(PortalHibernateConfiguration.java:116)
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:549)
com.liferay.portal.spring.hibernate.PortalHibernateConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(PortalHibernateConfiguration.java:65)
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSessionFactoryBean.java:211)
com.liferay.portal.dao.jdbc.util.DataSourceSwapper._reinitializeHibernate(DataSourceSwapper.java:152)
com.liferay.portal.dao.jdbc.util.DataSourceSwapper.swapCounterDataSource(DataSourceSwapper.java:84)
com.liferay.portal.setup.SetupWizardUtil._reloadServletContext(SetupWizardUtil.java:289)
com.liferay.portal.setup.SetupWizardUtil.updateSetup(SetupWizardUtil.java:184)
com.liferay.portal.action.SetupWizardAction.execute(SetupWizardAction.java:80)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:176)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:754)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:560)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:537)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:335)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:123)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:294)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.ntlm.NtlmPostFilter.processFilter(NtlmPostFilter.java:83)
com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:80)

Thanks,
Chandru
Chandrasekaran Pethan
January 4, 2013 5:22 AM
Answer

Chandrasekaran Pethan

Recent Posts

Hi I have completed the basic configuration steps as mentioned in the link
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen11-installing-liferay-on-jboss-7-0.
I have got the home page of liferay also.

Now how do I proceed further for bringing an existing application built on liferay without building the application components.
Any documentation or reference link would also help me.

Thanks,
Chandru