of 2
Alexey Kakunin
RE: PACL, service builder and Marketplace
January 7, 2013 10:33 AM
Answer

Alexey Kakunin

Recent Posts

Hi!
There is very simple way to help resolve problems with PACL and Service Builder: to make this sample plugin http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/branches/6.1.x/portlets/sample-service-builder-portlet/ working with PACL enabled.

Actually - this plugin already have everything - service builder, search container, form to submit data, portlet.
If PACL is working (as promised) I hope to demonstrate such sample will be quite easy and will help to resolve A LOT of questions.
Ray Augé
January 7, 2013 11:02 AM
Answer

Ray Augé

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

That's a great idea. We can certainly do that!

If you fill a ticket and reference it here, I'll claim it and that way we can keep you all up to date.
Alexey Kakunin
January 7, 2013 11:28 AM
Answer

Alexey Kakunin

Recent Posts

Hm, I just found issues I had (like LPS-31182) is already fixed, but in 6.1 EE & 6.2 branches. Does it mean we will have working PACL only in 6.1 EE & 6.2, not in 6.1 CE?

but trunk versin of this sample plugin (http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk/portlets/sample-service-builder-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/liferay-plugin-package.properties) still has no security enabled. So, I hope in any case having security options enabled and PACL configured in sample plugins may be very helpful.

I've created ticket for it in JIRA: LPS-32124
Ray Augé
January 7, 2013 4:56 PM
Answer

Ray Augé

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Alexey Kakunin:
Does it mean we will have working PACL only in 6.1 EE & 6.2, not in 6.1 CE?

This is a good question.

Answer: PACL only exists in 6.1EE+ (including 6.2). There is no PACL in 6.1 CE. Correction: Appologies, I need to correct that last. PACL exists since 6.1 CE GA2 (as well as since 6.1 EE GA2).

There is more info, but I will leave those details to powers that be who will update us in the very near future.
Alexey Kakunin
January 8, 2013 10:10 AM
Answer

Alexey Kakunin

Recent Posts

Hi Ray, thanks for correction! emoticon

OK, but there are some critical fixes - and without them it looks (for me) it is not possible to use PACL and place plugins into marketplace.
So, since fixes available only in EE & 6.2 branches - looks like it still will not be possible to place plugins into marketplace for using with 6.1 CE
James Falkner
January 9, 2013 7:14 AM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Alexey Kakunin:
Hi Ray, thanks for correction! emoticon

OK, but there are some critical fixes - and without them it looks (for me) it is not possible to use PACL and place plugins into marketplace.
So, since fixes available only in EE & 6.2 branches - looks like it still will not be possible to place plugins into marketplace for using with 6.1 CE

Hi all - you may have seen my recent blog post about a new community release dashboard. And if you inspect the dashboard (and I highly recommend you subscribe to changes via RSS), you'll see we have plans to release a 6.1 CE GA3 in this quarter (hopefully "early" this quarter, but I don't want to make any promises). This will contain ALL of the PACL issues found thus far from all of you, so that apps that require these fixes can be put into the Marketplace soon after the release. So, thanks to all of your testing and feedback, these issues will be resolved. I really wish we could have discovered these sooner, but we're learning (and in fact we will be using your apps as part of our testing process going forward). So I really appreciate everyone's help in discovering these issues!
Juan Gonzalez
January 9, 2013 11:33 PM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Those are great news James!

BTW, will only PACL bugs be in that release, or are you going to add some other ones?
Alexey Kakunin
January 9, 2013 11:48 PM
Answer

Alexey Kakunin

Recent Posts

Great news, thank you James!
Aniceto P Madrid
January 10, 2013 2:18 AM
Answer

Aniceto P Madrid

Recent Posts

Very good news.

Thanks James!
James Falkner
January 10, 2013 6:19 AM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Juan Gonzalez P:
Those are great news James!

BTW, will only PACL bugs be in that release, or are you going to add some other ones?

There will be more. Hopefully all of the ones you have fixed thus far in the LCE Patcher distro! But we are concentrating on the security and PACL issues, and major blockers for Marketplace (like that Spring one, LPS-29103). Once the backport has begun you'll see a new version in JIRA for GA3 and the fixed bugs will be marked as "Fixed-In" for that version.
Marcelo Aberastain
January 11, 2013 7:12 AM
Answer

Marcelo Aberastain

Recent Posts

James,

Would you be so kind to publish in advance a list of all the issues will be fixed in the GA3 release? This could help us a lot to see if GA3 will solve all our current problems or not. Even more, we could suggest to include some other road blocks if exist.

TIA,
Marcelo.
James Falkner
January 11, 2013 2:14 PM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Marcelo Aberastain:
James,

Would you be so kind to publish in advance a list of all the issues will be fixed in the GA3 release? This could help us a lot to see if GA3 will solve all our current problems or not. Even more, we could suggest to include some other road blocks if exist.

TIA,
Marcelo.

Hey Marcelo,

Yep, once the version is added to JIRA you'll be able to see the list (even subscribe to it via RSS). It'll be updated continuously until the QA/release process begins. I expect the version to show up in JIRA soon (like, in a week or so).
Davide Piazza
January 15, 2013 5:00 AM
Answer

Davide Piazza

Recent Posts

Hi James,
glad to hear such news.
Let me point to this issue we submitted to JIRA http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-30766 that prevents our app to work with security-manager enabled. Please add it to the GA3 list!

Any update on the timings of the process?

Thanks
James Falkner
January 15, 2013 6:50 AM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Davide Piazza:
Hi James,
glad to hear such news.
Let me point to this issue we submitted to JIRA http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-30766 that prevents our app to work with security-manager enabled. Please add it to the GA3 list!

It's already on the list emoticon This one was hit by a couple of other Marketplace developers too.

Any update on the timings of the process?

Thanks

Nothing yet! Keep an eye on the release status dashboard.
Showing 21 - 34 of 34 results.
of 2