Liferay doesn't recognize CAS authenticated users
January 15, 2009 6:09 AM
Answer

Jacek Bilski

Recent Posts

Hello!

I'm trying to integrate Liferay with CAS and AD. So far I did:

1. Integrate CAS with AD - I can login in CAS using user/pass from AD
2. Integrate Liferay with AD (I think) - I can test LDAP connection or get users from LDAP, but have can't login into Liferay using user/pass from AD. But maybe it's because of CAS configuration?

Anyway, when I login in Liferay using CAS i login successfully (CAS says that, and in logs I can see "<AuthenticationHandler: org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.BindLdapAuthenticationHandler successfully authenticated the user which provided the following credentials: [username: user]>"), but Liferay doesn't seem to accept this fact. I still can see only "guest" pages. Only when I login using Liferay login portlet I'm recognized and allowed to do more.

Besides, one thing is still not clear to me - do I have to setup logging in using screen name? Or all of this can be done using logging in using email address?

I do also have one more problem, I don't see how can I configure CAS so that it doesn't prevent me from seeing my private pages. No matter what I click I'm still returned to /web/guest/home. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Regards

Jacek Bilski
Juan Fernández
RE: Liferay doesn't recognize CAS authenticated users
January 16, 2009 12:43 AM
Answer

Juan Fernández

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Jacek!
I have the same problem. All I know is that after loging in with CAS the user isn't recognized: it's just "liferay.com.default".
The only thing I can do is to search where the user name is set and update it with the CAS user.
Have you solved this question? It would be helpful
If I find out something, I'll write it down here.
Thanks
Juan Fernández
iba dev tesm
March 30, 2009 4:33 AM
Answer

iba dev tesm

Recent Posts

how to configure ldap with cas server
we are using liferay 4.3
tomcat 5
Pablo Mosquera Sáenz
April 24, 2009 2:08 AM
Answer

Pablo Mosquera Sáenz

Recent Posts

Hi everybody.

Im having the same problem. I have Installed Liferay 5.2 and I have my CAS (with LDAP handler) working. I have tested my CAS and works fine with other applications.

Now when I enter the portal Im redirected to Cas login page, I login succesfully, and redirected to the portal. Then I must login again.

What I want is to integrate the login, so I think I should configure Liferay with the Acegi filters to make an autologin with the ticket sended by CAS.

I dont understand the integration that offers Liferay with CAS if I have to authenticate twice.

Anyway, there are some guides about integrating Liferay with CAS, but for old versions of Liferay
Pablo Mosquera Sáenz
April 28, 2009 1:04 AM
Answer

Pablo Mosquera Sáenz

Recent Posts

Ok, problem solved

I changed the configuration in my portal-ext.properties (I think its not necessary)

#
# CAS Auth
#
auto.login.hooks=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.BasicAutoLogin,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.CASAutoLogin

and I exported my cert to the cacerts in the jre within the tomcat bundle.

I think Liferay should have another param to set the url of the trustStore (like standard CAS configuration)
iba dev tesm
April 28, 2009 10:49 PM
Answer

iba dev tesm

Recent Posts

Anyone

Please help us in configuring Liferay,if CAS is running on different machine.

I was able to confidure Liferay,if CAS & Liferay runs onthe same machine.