Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » Liferay Legacy

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
David Jourand
[4.3.2] tunnel-web authentication failure (WebDAV, JAAS)
October 18, 2007 7:07 AM
Answer

David Jourand

Recent Posts

Hi,

I'm a Liferay newbie and I try to make it works... I installed liferay in its own context (/liferay) and tunnel in its own context (/tunnel-web). All the jars files are located in there WEB-INF/lib folders. When I want to access a WebDAV directoring, I can't login. I discovered that the problem semms to come from the Classloader. The PortalLoginModule must be loaded by the global Classloader, but this class is in the portal-impl.jar.

I tried a lot of things, including extracting specific classes from the portal-impl.jar to save them in the common/classes folder, but I can't still authenticate.

Sometimes, the application dosen't ask me for authentication and the log is :
ERROR [com.liferay.portal.webdav.WebDAVServlet] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchUserException: No User exists with the primary key 0

Sometimes, the application ask me for authentication but refuse it (can't remenber the log error).

How can I make WebDAV works ?
Ivano Carrara
RE: [4.3.2] tunnel-web authentication failure (WebDAV, JAAS)
October 18, 2007 7:19 AM
Answer

Ivano Carrara

Recent Posts

Hi David, you have to autenticate by userId (the numeric unique key of the User) not by the Screen name or Email address you use to login to the Portal. It is a limitation of the WebDAV server.

I hope this help!

Ivano Carrara
David Jourand
October 18, 2007 7:38 AM
Answer

David Jourand

Recent Posts

Thanks Ivano for your reply.

I know that I have to authenticate with the numerical userId, but it doesn't work because of another problem I can't figure out...

Is there anybody here who has been faced with this problem ?
Piyush Pujara
March 17, 2009 3:14 AM
Answer

Piyush Pujara

Recent Posts

I am also facing the same problem , but this issue arises only when i am enabling the jaas security through the portal-

impl.jar(portal.properties)
. i had deployed the J2EE Application on the same server which uses the same Liferay's Login

module for Auth , if you dont want to use the jaas chahge the jaas setting in the portal.properties.