Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
ramveer singh narwariya
Hook- how to know which file is to be change
February 4, 2013 12:55 AM
Answer

ramveer singh narwariya

Recent Posts

I want to change some feature of inbuilt portlet for example-calendar portlet using Hook, how we know that which page we does override/extends ?
Prakash Khanchandani
RE: Hook- how to know which file is to be change
February 7, 2013 5:40 AM
Answer

Prakash Khanchandani

Recent Posts

Please download the source-code of liferay and then the following points may be of some help:

1. All the liferay portlets' JSP reside in /portal-ce-6.1-ga2/portal-web/docroot/html/portlet
  2. Every portlet has an independent folder inside the above folder. Like for example Calendar portlet would have a folder named /html/portlet/calendar, for Blogs it would be /html/portlet/blogs, for web-content it would be /html/portlet/journal_content (web-content was previous journal content), for Documents & media search for documents folder ... etc. I hope you got the idea.
  3. The JSP which shows first when you add the portlet to a page is always view.jsp, this is the convention followed in liferay (see conventions help a lot).
  4. The Configuration pop-up with the Set-up tab open the JSP would always be configuration.jsp.
  5. The same convention is used for java classes as well, i.e. all the service classes and model classes reside in the package com.liferay.portlet inside portal-impl folder.

Hope this gives a fair idea as to how to proceed with determining which JSP and Service class you want to customize for a liferay OOTB (Out-Of-The-Box) portlet.
ramveer singh narwariya
RE: Hook- how to know which file is to be change
February 10, 2013 9:32 PM
Answer

ramveer singh narwariya

Recent Posts

thank's for reply