Threads [ Previous | Next ]
hamza jemai
Portlet communication
January 28, 2013 12:10 AM
Answer

hamza jemai

Recent Posts

Hi everybody,
I need your help, i'm using 2 Primefaces Portlet and I want them to communicate, for exemple i need to pass a selected project from a dataTable in the first portlet to the second, so an idea for this ??
Thanks
Juhi Kumari
RE: Portlet communication
January 28, 2013 1:20 AM
Answer

Juhi Kumari

Recent Posts

Hi,

Check this links.
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portlet+to+Portlet+Communication
http://www.liferay.com/web/james.min/blog/-/blogs/inter-portlet-communication-ipc-in-liferay

It may help you.

Regards
Juhi
Neil Griffin
January 29, 2013 1:08 PM
Answer

Neil Griffin

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

There are two Portlet 2.0 standard ways to perform IPC with portlets:
1) Events IPC
2) Public Render Parameters (PRP) IPC

Both of these techniques are supported by Liferay Faces Bridge, using the JSR 329 Portlet Bridge standard mechanisms.

We have three demo Web Application Archives (WARs) available that might be of help to you. The first two are for Events IPC -- each one contains a single portlet, and so both portlets should be put on the same portal page:

1) jsf2-ipc-events-customers-portlet
2) jsf2-ipc-events-bookings-portlet

The third WAR is for PRP IPC, which has two portlets inside the same WAR:
3) jsf2-ipc-pub-render-params-portlet
Neil Griffin
January 29, 2013 1:09 PM
Answer

Neil Griffin

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

I would recommend that you take a look at these demos, and then replace the h: tags with PrimeFaces p: tags. Keep in mind however, that Ajax must be disabled in any PrimeFaces component that invokes IPC, since the Portlet 2.0 mechanisms require a full page postback to occur.
hamza jemai
January 30, 2013 2:48 AM
Answer

hamza jemai

Recent Posts

Hey, thanks a lot, your answer really helped me out, and I feel a lot better now with those tuto emoticon Its really helpful Thanks
hamza jemai
February 5, 2013 5:42 AM
Answer

hamza jemai

Recent Posts

Hi Mr Neil,
I have a problem with " EventPayloadWrapper ", i don't understand why i don't find this "import com.liferay.faces.bridge.event.EventPayloadWrapper;" in any dependencie, i'am using liferay-faces-bridge-impl version 3.1.0-ga1 in my pom.xml. Also when i cheked your exemple jsf2-ipc-events-customers-portlet i have the same problem.
Thanks
Neil Griffin
February 5, 2013 7:08 AM
Answer

Neil Griffin

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Thanks for asking -- let me see if I can clarify: The EventPayloadWrapper class is a feature that was added in FACES-1465 in order to support Events IPC when portlets are on separate portal pages. The feature will appear in Liferay Faces 3.1.2-ga3, which, at the time of this writing, hasn't been released yet.

It might be that you are looking at the master branch at GitHub. If so, then might be helpful for you to refer to the 3.1.1-ga2 "tag" of the IPC demo portlets:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-faces/tree/3.1.1-ga2/demos/bridge/jsf2-ipc-events-customers-portlet

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-faces/tree/3.1.1-ga2/demos/bridge/jsf2-ipc-events-bookings-portlet

Kind Regards,

Neil
hamza jemai
February 5, 2013 7:27 AM
Answer

hamza jemai

Recent Posts

Thanks Neil I will Try this and i keep you informate with results