English (United Kingdom)
English (United States)
1. Installation / Deployment / Setup
(Opens New Window)
Mark as an Answer
Migration from LEP 5.1 to 5.2.1 - Oracle 10g Express
February 9, 2009 12:55 AM
Rank: Junior Member
Join Date: March 1, 2007
I finally managed to migrate from Liferay 5.1.2 to Liferay 5.2.1.
My existing site was containing some stuff I did not want to lose when upgrading to 5.2.1, and I am not interested in the default data loaded by Liferay 5.2.1.
- Oracle 10g Express
- Backup your database
- Unzip the liferay tomcat bundle : I used a new directory to not override the existing version,but I will have to redeploy all my themes, portlets, and customizations.
DB configuration (if you do not use your application server's JNDI datasource):
- Create the portal-ext.properties file
- Add the following lines:
- Add the following properties:
- Copy the Oracle driver JAR file to <tomcat_install_dir>/common/lib/ext
- Delete the "sevencogs" theme and hook from the tomcat's "webapps" folder
- Edit the "webapps/wol-portlet/WEB-INF/jdbc.properties"
- Configure the DB :
- Delete the "data/hsql" directory if exists (if it is created again, then something is wrong in the configuration)
Now start Liferay: in the logs, the Dialect detector should find Oracle. The auto-upgrade process will upgrade your database. When the WOL portlet is initialized, Oracle should be detected as well.
Finally I deployed all my custom assets (themes, portlets, ...)
Hope this helps, and comments are welcome ;-)
Sign in to vote.
Please sign in to flag this as inappropriate.