English (United Kingdom)
English (United States)
6. Portal Framework
(Opens New Window)
Mark as an Answer
Infinite redirect loop using private community virtual host
February 8, 2013 12:49 AM
Rank: New Member
Join Date: May 31, 2011
I'm facing a infinite redirect loop using private community virtual host.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Start up a 6.0.6 Liferay tomcat bundle (this will create a portal instance with default language "en_US").
2. Log in and create a new community (e.g. "Test Comm").
3. Add a new blank public page "Home" and a new blank private page "Home" to that community.
4. For "Test Comm" community set up a public virtual host "test.comm" and a private virtual host "private.test.comm".
5. In control panel, change portal default language to "Italian".
6. In control panel, remove all supported languages but "en_GB" and "it_IT".
7. Log out and shut down the portal.
8. Set the portal property "locale.default.request" to "true" (locale.default.request=true).
9. Change your hosts file adding the 2 new host names: "test.comm" "private.test.comm" to point to your machine IP address.
10. Restart your portal.
12. Charge your browser preferences/options: content --> "preferred language for display pages": remove italian language if present.
13. In the address-bar of your brower type "private.test.comm:8080" (or any other port you are launching the portal server).
14. In Firefox you will see the error message "this page isn't redirecting properly".
In a nutshell, the problem arises when you are accessing the portal
using a browser-language different from the portal default language
("italian" in this example) and the portal gets the user preferred language
from the request (locale.default.request=true)
I've also been able to reproduce the problem using these Liferay tomcat bundles:
6.0.10, 6.0.11, 6.0.12.
Can anyone plese help me to resolve this problem?
Please, I really need help. Any comment and/or suggestion will be appreciated.
Sign in to vote.
Please sign in to flag this as inappropriate.