Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Nayrouz NZ
best way to translate pages content with LIFERAY
February 11, 2013 1:31 AM
Answer

Nayrouz NZ

Recent Posts

hi, I wanna have 2 versions of my pages content: english and frensh, for customers, now I have the content in english.
In my portal pages I did create web content portlets/custom plugin portlets/theme embed portlet and I wanna translate all this to frensh.
how to do this ?
I read about portlet localization but it seemed a bit complicated to me since I am begginer with LR environement. how about create new pages with frensh content (portlets content)?
plz I need some clarifications. I appreciate ur help !
Oliver Bayer
RE: best way to translate pages content with LIFERAY
February 11, 2013 1:49 AM
Answer

Oliver Bayer

Recent Posts

Hi,

it shouldn't be too hard if you've get the concepts once emoticon.

You don't have to create new pages for french content. Use the existing ones, navigate to manage pages, switch the language and inser the french page title. The same can be done while editing web contents (articles).

Take a look at the following wiki (translating liferay portal) to see how to change language keys for portlets.

HTH Oli
Hitoshi Ozawa
February 11, 2013 2:34 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

If you're just using Web Content portlet, Oliver's suggestion will be sufficient. If you developed your own portlet or using some other portlets, you'll have to customize the source code so it's internationalized.
Nayrouz NZ
February 11, 2013 5:31 AM
Answer

Nayrouz NZ

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:
If you developed your own portlet or using some other portlets, you'll have to customize the source code so it's internationalized.

Hitoshi Ozawa plz can you explain more what do u mean by "customize the source code so it's internationalized"??
Thanks.
Prakash Khanchandani
February 11, 2013 5:48 AM
Answer

Prakash Khanchandani

Recent Posts

Nayrouz NZ:
Hitoshi Ozawa plz can you explain more what do u mean by "customize the source code so it's internationalized"??
Thanks.

IMHO It simply means that you would have to customize your custom plugin portlet and include the following:
1) Language property files, one for English and the other for French for static content like button labels, title, heading, field labels etc.
2) If you allow the User to create some content in your portlet and want to display that in both French and English then you would have to modify your code to give the User option to enter French as well as English content, just like liferay does in web-content portlet.