Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Murali Sp
portlet deployed unable to see except update manager
February 15, 2013 10:37 AM
Answer

Murali Sp

Recent Posts

Hi I am using liferay portal 6.0.6 with JBOSS Server. I developed portlet and deployed in liferay through control panel -> PlugIn Installation -> upload file.

When I installed I am getting messages "Your request processed successfully" and "The plugin was uploaded successfully and is now being installed."

But I am unable to see the installed portlet anywhere in portal like "Plugins Configuration" , Add -> More Applications, Plugins Installation.

But I am able to see in Update Manager with yellow background color.

I checked all my code and all config files. But everything are correct. I don't know why its not showing anywhere.

I wanted to know.. Why update manager showing in yellow color the deployed plugin? Why the deployed plugin not visibling in all other places.
David H Nebinger
RE: portlet deployed unable to see except update manager
February 15, 2013 12:16 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

It doesn't matter how many times you post this, there is so little information that it's impossible to say why it is not available to add.

As far as it being yellow, that means that Liferay is unable to determine if there's an update because it did not come from the marketplace (not technically true, but then I don't think you would value from the technical answer anyway).
Murali Sp
RE: portlet deployed unable to see except update manager
February 18, 2013 7:47 AM
Answer

Murali Sp

Recent Posts

I attached two portlet codes. can you tell why its not visibling in "plugins installation" or "plugins configuration".
Attachments: Example Portlet.war.zip (489.9k), Sample Portlet.war.zip (487.4k)