Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
devaraj s
Control panel issue in liferay 6.1 ce ga2 after restoring DB.
February 13, 2013 9:34 PM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

I have installed liferay in our new server by taking backup of older liferay DB. Content of all the pages are restored and we can access it.

But, when i login as a admin, Cicking on any of the link from left side panel of control panel it will open the particular page but we are not able to perform any of the action in that page.

i.e, If we click on the users and organisation link it will open the user and organisation page but, we are not able to able to perform any of the action on the particular page. I am facing same problem with all the links in control panel.

I am running Liferay 6.1 ce ga2 version.

please anyone suggest For what issue its behaving like this..
devaraj s
RE: Control panel issue in liferay 6.1 ce ga2 after restoring DB.
February 18, 2013 4:14 AM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

can anyone just guess. Still i am not able to rectify the issue. If someone guess what is the issue it will help me a lot.
Hitoshi Ozawa
February 18, 2013 3:15 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I have installed liferay in our new server by taking backup of older liferay DB.

By "older liferay DB", do you mean older version of Liferay? That really shouldn't work too well because liferay changes some database tables.
It also seems to be permission problem. If you're really trying to copy liferay portal from one machine to another, make sure that you also copy
portal-ext.properties settings. It may be that your old machine was using an old permission algorithm.

Finally, Is there any error messages?
devaraj s
February 18, 2013 9:59 PM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

Hi hitoshi,

older liferay DB means, I am not running differant version of liferay. In older machine also I was running liferay 6.1 ce ga2 version and also same version of liferay I am running in our new server.

And I have same properties In portal-ext.properties in both liferay instance.

One Thing I observed is after loging as a admin its Throwing exception like , exception=com.liferay.util.EncryptorException. Please find attached screen shot.
Attachment

Attachments: encryptorexception.png (106.4k)
devaraj s
February 20, 2013 7:37 AM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

about control panel issue, as i go throgh i found something like we need some following repair after restoring db to new server.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3197121

we are getting same exception in portal that is, encryptor exception.I felt whatever Michael C. Han telling in that forum thread, he is rite.

But here i Am getting another issue , Without restoring DB, I am trying to run fresh liferay but while instalation it will create a table in DB and not generating any default data .
For ex, Company table not generating any data. so when I hit a url it throws nullpointerexception, getrelativeHomeURL not able to reach because of empty data in table.

Plz can any one help me, I completly strucked In this issue. emoticon
devaraj s
February 21, 2013 2:18 AM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

UFFFFF, Issue has been solved. emoticon Issue was there in my server system jre.
Hitoshi Ozawa
February 21, 2013 2:27 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

And I have same properties In portal-ext.properties in both liferay instance.

Check if you have server's ip address in the portal-ext.properties file. You may need to change it to the new server's ip address.
devaraj s
February 21, 2013 2:33 AM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

Thanks For the response hitoshi, I didnt give any server IP address in portal-ext.properties. But issue was in jre, I fixed It.

Anyway Thanks once again.