toggle
Jacek Brzeski
Workflow install on LR 6.1.20 EE with Websphere not working
March 1, 2013 4:42 AM
Answer

Jacek Brzeski

Recent Posts

Hi all,

We’re having a big problem when trying to deploy kaleo bundle for Liferay 6.1.20 EE (LR), on Websphere 8.5 server (WS).
Could you please provide some kind of instructions or tutorial, how to do it? Our team tried to accomplish that on cluster environment and on local, one-machine instance of Websphere. No luck. We’ve tried different approaches: first put kaleo .war files we got from LR sales team – to Liferay hot-deploy folder. After processing those files by liferay, we then tried to install it as a Websphere application (on WS console). We’ve included LR’s shared libraries to each kaleo module, tried both classloader options: “load parent first” and “load local first”. Nothing.

Then we tried to process the modules just by Websphere “install application” console, skipping the hot-deploy by LR part. All WS log files stated success (application deployed, application started), but there is a silence in LR logs. And portlets are not visible. Don’t know how to diagnose such situation from this point, but it isn't working.

We’ve also tried installing kaleo portlets as modules for LR application. WS won’t let it happen either.

So please, can you help our team with deploying and bringing workflow to life on LR 6.1.20 EE + WebSphere? How to do it, can you send some detailed information about it?

I can attach some logfiles. We’ve already tried over 10 different configurations to this, with different errors each time. Once I’ve managed to see “Workflow Tasks” tab in LR control panel, but after clicking it – “Class not found” thrown in java and nothing appeared. And all other attempts – seemed even more distanced from the working solution… Don't want to load all those logs, but let me know if it would help.

Please help!
Johnathan Burbea
RE: Workflow install on LR 6.1.20 EE with Websphere not working
March 1, 2013 10:13 AM
Answer

Johnathan Burbea

Recent Posts

Hi Jacek,

I have a lot of experience with this type of thing with WAS ND 7 and 8 and community edition standalone war builds of the most recent builds.

I can discuss with you my experience with the 2 pass WebSphere deployment process and a dmgr + 2 jvm nodes cluster (clusterlink enabled, same datasource etc)

There can be some choppiness for both nodes to pick up a plug-in--remember the only thing LifeRay portlet / war registration does in liferay is add additional descriptors to the web.xml so the liferay app on the same jvm will listen for other portlet / war file apps to make them available in the portal.

http://openfeedportal.com/wps/portal/ctcdemo/lifecycles/sdlc/Development-Track-detail-hidden/topology/

jb@openfeedportal.com
(617)470-1121
Attachment

Attachments: WAS_JVM_Arg_IP4.txt (0.2k), com.wlp.sdlc.was.liferay.sqlserver.install.docx (3,123.6k), installedApps.portal-ext.properties (0.1k), portal-ext.properties (0.9k), ws.ext.dirs.png (145.3k)
Gustav Novotný
March 25, 2013 6:05 AM
Answer

Gustav Novotný

Recent Posts

Hi Jacek,
we are now facing exactly the same problem as you. We actually use CE version (6.1.1) instead of EE, but the rest of configuration is the same. We have also tried to change class loading configuration with Kaleo module and so on, but nothing worked. We also managed Kaleo to work, but then non of our other plugins started and still facing lots of different exceptions.

Please, let me know if you somehow solved this issue or what could be the right way to any solution.

Thanks a lot!

Gustav
Gustav Novotný
May 14, 2013 1:18 AM
Answer

Gustav Novotný

Recent Posts

Hi again Jacek,
I wonder if you were able to finaly handle the problem with success? We are still stucked in this, so I'd be so grateful to you if you (or anybody else) can put here some information about the solution or even to show us some new direction.
In case forum doesn't suit you, you can write me to gustavnovotny@gmail.com.

Thank you!