toggle
Michael Young
Liferay Sync 1.0.9 GA3 Released
August 8, 2013 6:20 PM
Answer

Michael Young

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

We are pleased to announce we have released Liferay Sync 1.0.9 GA3!

There are some great new features in this release as well as many bug fixes.

Liferay Sync now handles moves as moves instead of a sequence of deletes and adds. This means you can now move files locally without breaking links to the file on the portal and maintain its history.

GA3 also changed how locally deleted files are handled. As with previous versions, files deleted locally are not deleted on the server. This is a safety mechanism to prevent deleted files and folders from unintentionally propagating to other users. Previous releases created .liferay-deletions files that contained the locally deleted file names. All .liferay-deletion files have been removed in GA3. To restore the file, either restore it from your recycle bin, or create a file with the same name and location and the file will resume syncing. In the future, Liferay Sync will have its own recycle bin that allows users to delete files remotely.

If you are running a beta version of Liferay Sync, you can delete the cache folder:
/Users/{usernames}/.liferay-sync/.liferay-sync.cache
The installer doesn't do this automatically and it can cause problems if you're monitoring thousands of files on a Mac. (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/SYNC-819)

There are also numerous performance improvements and bug fixes in this release. Full release notes will be published soon.

Download the latest version here: http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-sync

Let us know if you have any questions.
Gabriel Leon Leyva
RE: Liferay Sync 1.0.9 GA3 Released
April 5, 2013 9:31 PM
Answer

Gabriel Leon Leyva

Recent Posts

I'm having bind error:
says Don't know how to bind Invalid authentication token into class com.liferay.syn.model.UserSite

tested in windows and android, same error. liferay is in ubuntu behind nginx, nginx port(80) liferay port 8083

Liferay CE GA2 Tomcat 7.0.27 java 1.6 ubuntu linux, liferay sync GA3 (last ver)
It was working with the ver. before this one.
Attachment

Attachments: sync-error.JPG (24.4k)
Dániel Jávorszky
April 7, 2013 11:56 AM
Answer

Dániel Jávorszky

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Gabriel!

The most likely reason for this error message is that the SecureFilter is set to false in your portal-ext. Liferay Sync requires it to communicate with your server, so setting it back to true should solve your issue.

Daniel
Manish Yadav
April 8, 2013 2:00 AM
Answer

Manish Yadav

Recent Posts

Hi Michael Young,
As you mentioned that delete and move operation of files from local machine will reflect in server.But After Deleting and moving files from local machine.Changes are not reflecting in server. Deleted and moving files are still showing .Could you please let me know if i missed any step to achieve delete and move operation of files and folder in liferay sync

Thanks & Regards
Manish Yadav
Gabriel Leon Leyva
April 8, 2013 7:42 AM
Answer

Gabriel Leon Leyva

Recent Posts

Thanks Daniel, I had com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter=false on portal-ext.properties. :-) have a nice day.
Anonymous
April 17, 2013 9:01 AM
Answer

Anonymous

Manish Yadav:
Hi Michael Young,
As you mentioned that delete and move operation of files from local machine will reflect in server.But After Deleting and moving files from local machine.Changes are not reflecting in server. Deleted and moving files are still showing .Could you please let me know if i missed any step to achieve delete and move operation of files and folder in liferay sync

Thanks & Regards
Manish Yadav

We still don't delete on the server side. So if you delete a file it is only deleted locally, not on the server. This is a safety feature so you don't accidentally delete a file that someone else is using and now it is gone for them forever. In the future we will allow local deletes to be reflected on the server, but we will have safety mechanisms in place to avoid accidental deletions.

For the move you should be able to drag a file/folder from one folder to another both of those folders inside the sync root folder.
Manish Yadav
April 18, 2013 2:55 AM
Answer

Manish Yadav

Recent Posts

Thanks Gail For your Reply,
Could you please let me know is there any way to achieve remote delete operation using liferay sync.My Client have requirement , if any file deleted from local system then it should in reflect server also.

I tried with one approach its working but not reliable
1. In Local machine Watch Directory program is running in infinite loop written in java.Using that program i'm watching liferay-sync home directory if any delete operation happens then that program writing deleted file name in xml file.
2. Then deleted file name xml file will be sent to server by same program.
3. In server one liferay scheduler is running .Scheduler will check the delete file entries if new entry comes then using liferay api it will delete entry from liferay DB
Anonymous
April 18, 2013 7:33 AM
Answer

Anonymous

Manish Yadav:
Thanks Gail For your Reply,
Could you please let me know is there any way to achieve remote delete operation using liferay sync.My Client have requirement , if any file deleted from local system then it should in reflect server also.

I tried with one approach its working but not reliable
1. In Local machine Watch Directory program is running in infinite loop written in java.Using that program i'm watching liferay-sync home directory if any delete operation happens then that program writing deleted file name in xml file.
2. Then deleted file name xml file will be sent to server by same program.
3. In server one liferay scheduler is running .Scheduler will check the delete file entries if new entry comes then using liferay api it will delete entry from liferay DB

Sync does not support remote delete at this time, so there is no way currently to perform remote delete with sync.
Porter Hall
April 29, 2013 11:28 AM
Answer

Porter Hall

Recent Posts

I downloaded 1.0.10 GA3, but it won't run on my win 7 32-bit machine. It didn't report any error during the install; I restarted and even tried an uninstall/reinstall, but nothing happens when I launch the program. I can see a Liferay Sync.exe process in my task manager, but nothing in applications. I would appreciate any guidance offered.
Dennis Ju
April 29, 2013 12:09 PM
Answer

Dennis Ju

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Can you attach your logs? Found in "C:\Users\<your user name\.liferay-sync\logs\*.log".
Porter Hall
April 29, 2013 12:38 PM
Answer

Porter Hall

Recent Posts

Yes, thanks.
Attachments: liferay-sync.log (200.7k), liferay-sync.log.1 (256.0k)
Anonymous
April 30, 2013 9:52 AM
Answer

Anonymous

Do you see the system tray icon for Sync? Sometimes Windows hides it if you don't have enough space, so it can be hard to find. If so can you click that and bring up the properties? If so can you connect successfully to the server you have configured?

Also have you upgraded from a previous version? If so which version?

Thanks!

Gail
Jack Bolous
April 30, 2013 10:21 AM
Answer

Jack Bolous

Recent Posts

We've seen a similar issue when installing Liferay Sync 1.0.10 GA4. Once the install is complete all of my applications are no longer visible in the system tray. The only icon that was visible was the Liferay Sync icon. I had to restart my computer in order to see all of my system tray icons and access the applications.

I've created a case with our support account about this as everyone on my team that has installed 1.0.10 GA4 has encountered the exact same issue. This was on Windows 7 (x64).

Thanks,

-Jack
Porter Hall
April 30, 2013 1:43 PM
Answer

Porter Hall

Recent Posts

That was it. Thanks. It's working now.