Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 3. Development

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Alexander Drummond
6.1 Sites - How to create private/public simultaneously?
March 7, 2013 2:09 PM
Answer

Alexander Drummond

Recent Posts

So I've followed the discussion about communities and their evolution to sites and I understand the rationale behind the change.

However, we use sites on our portal as a kind of project, where the project has both a public facing component and a private facing component. These projects are created by users of the portal and, up to 6.1, could be created through the community creation process alone.

Now we have to create either a public set or private set of pages and then have the end user edit the site to add the corresponding set of public/private pages. As many of our end users are not highly technical this is not an ideal solution.

Before our team proceeds with developing a custom solution to remedy this issue, I just wanted to check if anyone else had run into this and whether I was missing a setting or existing code that allows a site to be created with both private and public pages initially.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.
Sandeep Nair
RE: 6.1 Sites - How to create private/public simultaneously?
March 7, 2013 12:09 PM
Answer

Sandeep Nair

Recent Posts

Hi,

Have you considered using Site templates and associating them with the site's private or public page set?

Regards,
Sandeep
Alexander Drummond
March 7, 2013 1:31 PM
Answer

Alexander Drummond

Recent Posts

Sandeep Nair:
Hi,

Have you considered using Site templates and associating them with the site's private or public page set?

Regards,
Sandeep

We do use templates. The problem is that templates only (AFAIK) map to either a set of private or public pages. In the past, the community creation process allowed you to select a public and a private template set.

The current process only allows you to select one set of templates, in which case our previous public/private template sets are not sufficient. Users are required to create with either the public or the private set, then edit the site to add the other set. This is suboptimal given the composition of our userbase.
Sandeep Nair
March 7, 2013 4:07 PM
Answer

Sandeep Nair

Recent Posts

Sorry. Now I get what you mean. Yes you cant directly have both public and private site templates associated on the creation of site. I checked the code(\html\portlet\sites_admin\site\details.jsp) and it is written that way.

Regards,
Sandeep